Topic: Surf Ballroom - November 19, 2006

Some of my photos from Joe's show at The Surf Ballroom can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeericspi … 386731365/

I really wish I could have gotten a good picture of Bogie in action, but I was actually too close to the stage to get a decent shot.

2 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2006-11-22 07:43:36)

Re: Surf Ballroom - November 19, 2006

Lee,    Thanks for sharing these great pictures!!!!!!  What a treat to wake up to!  I get to relive the moments and others had been asking about pics from the show.  Score dude!!!
smile   Patty

P.S.  Can you ever really be too close to the stage?  lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

some nice pics there m8. thanks for sharing smile

Hey Lee, some great pictures you have there.  Nice to see the Strat in the rotation.  Is that a new Les Paul Joe is using, the blonde?

Music is good for the Soul...

Lee,

Being right behind you, it looks like we got some of the same shots! I will be posting mine later tonight.

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Some great shots there, Lee . I enjoyed seeing them . What camera were you using , man ?

jeff wrote:

Some great shots there, Lee . I enjoyed seeing them . What camera were you using , man ?

Thanks Jeff. I have a Canon Digital Rebel.

Rebel isn't a name I'm familiar with as Canon don't use it over here . I have the Canon EOS 300D which was the entry level digital SLR a few years ago . I'd say you either have a better model or simply just a good photographer , cos I thought you were going to tell me you had a top of the range model . It makes your shots all the more impressive . Respect .

We bought our camera 3 years ago and I believe it was the first digital SLR that Canon offered and I'm pretty sure it's still their entry level model. They must market diiferent models - or maybe just give them different names - to European consumers. I set the camera's ISO at 800 for most of the night, sometimes 400, and used a Tv or shutter speed setting between 30 and 50. The lighting at The Surf Ballroom is much better than the lighting in most clubs. Plus I had a pretty good location to shoot from. When you have those two things and a great subject it makes it a lot easier to get good results.

photogal wrote:

Lee,

Being right behind you, it looks like we got some of the same shots! I will be posting mine later tonight.

~Rhonda

Rhonda,  Where in the heck are your pictures?????  Ya' know I am dyin' to see them.....can't stand the suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yikes   Patty

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I am waiting for the flickr site to acknowledge my upgrade to a pro account so I can upload my photos. I was at my limit with the site. I am hoping to get them up as soon as they let me!

Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Photogal sent me some pictures today from The Surf concert and they are AWESOME!!!!!!
I can't wait to see them all posted!!!!  It was like Christmas for me today getting them!!!
Thanks a million Rhonda!  smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

P.S. I must admit I am very partial to the ones of lucky me standing next to Joe, Mark, and Bogie.  Happy, happy joy, joy.............;)

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hey Photogal,  I feel like the little kid who has been to the candystore...just went thru all your photos on Flickr from The Surf show....except I don't have any bellyache from visiting this candystore lol ....what fun we had seeing Joe, Mark, and Bogie.......thanks for sharing the fantastic pictures and I'll be letting you know my favorites.    smile  Patty

P.S.  Maybe I could just cover all the walls in my living room with these!  Wouldn't that be a hoot!  wink

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184