Topic: Albert Cummings

Anyone out there like Albert ? He will be playing at Chick Hall's Surf Club in Bladensburg MD on 10/13/06. You should go see him you won't be disappointed !!!!

Re: Albert Cummings

Absolutely! Albert is one of my faves and I can't wait to see him in a couple weeks. In fact, I'd love to see him jam with Joe sometime.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Me and Billie Masullo will be checking him out next Friday at Lefty's in Salem, Oregon. Fun little club where Joe plays when he is in town.
Has been waaaaayyyyy too long since Joe and the Boys have played in Oregon. Come on back to Medford, Eugene, Salem and Portland Joe!!!

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Albert rock the house at chick hall's. Great music and conversation from albert,he played a few songs from the new cd and some old stuff to. It was party time on fri. albert played for about 3hrs and a good time was had by all. You all missed a great show,one that i won't soon forget,but you had to be there to understand what i mean.

OK, OK

Last night was my first, and certainly not my last, Albert Cummings show.
Lefty's in Salem, Oregon was his first show in our great state, and I hope he well return very soon.
From the first tune to the last, bout 3+ hours later, he put it all out on the stage. He takes a much needed break after the first set to visit with the crowd, and cranks it up for the second set.
His last show was in Seattle, and  he asked us for permission to play some vintage Hendrix. Of course we all said let her rip, and he did. Voodoo Chile came thru with some of his twists and turns, feedback was abundant and welcome.
Alberts rythum section was very strong, and he featured them on a couple of nice solo's.
It was a good thing that John, the owner of Lefty's set up a small dance floor, cause many people were ready to shake it out there.
When this guy comes to your town, be sure and catch him. His live performance and improvisation style is a boat load of fun.

A great way to start the Rock & Roll Weekend off. Sunday Night we will spend with Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule at The Roseland Theater for a heapin helpin of High & Mighty Tour.
Will be a kick a$$ evening for sure.

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

i heard a song on sirius thru my satalite tv by ac and it was phenominal so i went out and got his new cd working man. attention all jb fans this is a must have cd be sure to put it on your xmas list. ac is probably the closest artist i have heard to being in the same league as jb . in fact he cranks up the blues a little harder a walter trout/jb combo some have made srv comparisons, but i dont think he is that derivitave overall.i am suprised not to have seen to much talk on this site about him ,he seems a natural compliment to any fan of jbs.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

in fact he cranks up the blues a little harder a walter trout/jb combo some have made srv comparisons, but i dont think he is that derivitave overall.

In the past, Albert has recorded with Double Trouble.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Wow I feel a little left out... I went to see him at the Hungry Tiger in Manchester, CT (great little place to see some live blues!) and I wasn't blown away... granted, I had just seen Joe at Scullers two or three days earlier, so I was expecting that caliber of music, but I always thought I liked Albert, but his live show really didn't do much for me... it seems like he has a few recycled licks he just plays over and over agian- I, personally, thought it was un-inspiring... that being said, I do enjoy listening to his music every once in a while, it just doesn't do for me what some good ol' JB can do...

Just my $.02...
Scott

P.S. Albert Cummings fans- don't blast me for this post... I'm just speaking my mind smile...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

kwsjb1238 wrote:

Wow I feel a little left out... I went to see him at the Hungry Tiger in Manchester, CT (great little place to see some live blues!) and I wasn't blown away... granted, I had just seen Joe at Scullers two or three days earlier, so I was expecting that caliber of music, but I always thought I liked Albert, but his live show really didn't do much for me... it seems like he has a few recycled licks he just plays over and over agian- I, personally, thought it was un-inspiring... that being said, I do enjoy listening to his music every once in a while, it just doesn't do for me what some good ol' JB can do...

Just my $.02...
Scott

P.S. Albert Cummings fans- don't blast me for this post... I'm just speaking my mind :)...

thats too bad about the live show he justs sounds so electrifing on cd youd think that would carry over live of course may have been a letdown so close to seeing jb

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Yes, your speaking your mind but a mind is such a terrible thing to waste,do not judge other artist to joe each artist has his own take on music and albert doesn't just use the same licks over and over.By the way joe told me he likes albert and that's good enough for me.

I've seen Albert 2x in the past and will be seeing him again this Saturday at a small Blues club in R.I. and i have to say that every time he comes here to play he blows the roof off the place with his incredible sound and style.He's got a great personality as well and interacts nicely with the crowd.Hell the guy's a Millionaire who loves the Blues and could be kicking back enjoying his money yet he still takes the time to hit the road and share his love of the Blues with us all.Go see him if you have'nt done so yet.You wont be disappointed

Albert is at Theodore's Friday - Springfield - 8 buck tix.

anyone going - Tara, you making the drive or just doing Sat show at Chan's

I am on the fence...it will be a surprise! hehehe

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX