Topic: Hey! Are there any John Mayer Freaks out there?

Hi kids!
   I've been busy this Fall and missed alot, including Joe's reappearance at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. just recently. But I hear it sold out even faster this time! Way COOL, man!
   Say, has anyone listened to "Continuum" by John Mayer? He's HOT these days and my favorite song on the album is the VERY BLUESY "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room "....
   It SIZZLES! And come to think of it, Joe did such a fine job of meshing with Ted Nugent that I just can't get my head out of possible sounds the two, Mr. Mayer and he, would make. I think there is a level of musical competence there that would be potentially dazzling.
   The voices together would probably take some fine tuning to get right, as John is so laid-back laconic. Hmmm...still, I think it might work.
   Also, on Sunday the 3rd, just before Labor Day, my family was treated to a very special Steve Miller concert at the Salem, OR. State Fair. Steve, fully recovered from a neck injury last year, put on a great show with a middle set of entirely historically oriented blues tunes. It was the first time I had heard him do this since I first saw him in 1968 at the old Fillmore West, opening for BB King.
   He had Curtis Salgado play harp with Norton Buffalo and two of Curtis's fine young guitarists play. The one nicknamed "Jaybird" was flat smokin' and Steve broke into a huge grin several times (something he doesn't always/usually do). If you get a chance to hear Steve these days, do it. His head is in a great place!
   And this last. This will take more of a leap of your imagination, but I have to say that Alan Jackson's new album, produced by Allison Krauss, is a real gem. It's very bluesy for this Country star, with cuts two and three something every blues-oriented person should hear(PERIOD).
   Cut #2 is my favorite; it sneaks up on you and is titled: Good Imitation of the Blues. I really think Joe would love this song and give it the respect it deserves. Cut #3 has been a super hit : Like Red on a Rose. What do you think, Joe?
   Love and Peace from Selma, OR
       Steve and Janet

Re: Hey! Are there any John Mayer Freaks out there?

I guess he recorded with Eric Clapton before he did the album, and some of it might get released.

I like the new album, but I wanted more songs from John Mayer Trio (blues) on it instead of John Mayer solo (pop/maybe-blues). It's good, but as usuall I was expecting more.  Saw him twice in concert, does well live.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Hey! Are there any John Mayer Freaks out there?

i liked it when he played the "fight riff"!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool