Topic: JOE BONAMASSA @ B.B. King’s Blues Club New York - 2006.11.10

A hell of a night according to Joe's song Burning Hell and his hot playing. I watched it and listened him with such an enthusiasm. It was the first Bonamassa show for me but not the last one I hope. The club was fully crowded also.

It wasn't easy to take these pictures without flash (I respect an artist like Joe and cannot made him blind with my flash!). Well...enjoy them and write your comments! Here is the link to my photo album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/levynagy/s … 380828739/

Re: JOE BONAMASSA @ B.B. King’s Blues Club New York - 2006.11.10

Thanks for the photos Levy. I appreciate it when photos are taken of the venue and crowd, that capture the atmosphere of the night.

That's fine Jim. I'm happy I had the opportunity to be there. I'm not a professional artist but I like to make pictures and share them with friends all over the world (my B.B. King photos on the Nov. 16th show at Westbury, NY are way better probably because I used ISO1600 instead of 800 and of course without flash).

Many of my friends are listening Joe Bonamassa albums thanks to my passion for his music and the Blues. I am leaving USA next week but already missing the good music (here is a lot of shitty music too...lol). Ok, keep the Blues alive! Cheers.

Great shots.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Thank you pcornell! I'm glad you like them. I wish I have done better but that's it now. The true and deep memories are beyond. We are lucky to have Joe Bonamassa playing stronger every year. We can only hope to listen him live again one day. I'm already waiting for that day - but this should be somewhere closer to Eastern Europe. smile

Some really nice shots Levy

I like the BW one best - not because it's BW - but because of the composition. I also like the one of Mark as well.

I always wonder about the flash when someone is playing.

Nice shots - looks like great light for photographing.
I think I will put that club on my list for Joe's next visit.

Cool pics...thanks.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

9 (edited by LevyNagy 2006-11-18 20:36:43)

Thank you guys! I consider myself a novice photographer when is about people & urban scenery even if those photos came out very good. It's damn hard to shoot from 35-60 feet in low light conditions/without any flash and with no tripod(!!) but you probably know already... I hate flash photography as much as the artists hate it when they are blinded by their so called 'fans' during the show.

*for Ges:
The BW it was a surprise for me too. smile

*for fotopete:
About the lights...they are not the best, so be prepared! It is the same strange light as they are using at Hard Rock Cafe: too much red, cyan but not enough white and yellow. Some of these pictures were edited in Adobe Photoshop for color corrections. That's why I prefer North Fork Theatre at Westbury, NY (see my pictures with B.B. King!) where I gave my best.