Topic: sort of defeats the purpose

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061113/ap_ … r_guitar_4

scientists develop shirt that makes sounds corresponding to your air - guitar riffage

but the reason I play air-guitar is so nobody can hear how bad it sounds!

Re: sort of defeats the purpose

Jane H. wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061113/ap_ … r_guitar_4

scientists develop shirt that makes sounds corresponding to your air - guitar riffage

but the reason I play air-guitar is so nobody can hear how bad it sounds!

Hi Jane

You're lucky.
Mines a real guitar !!  wink

hey Ges they do make the shirt for leftys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah..commonly known as a straight jacket. Sorry, only joking....I couldn't resist.

Jane H. wrote:

hey Ges they do make the shirt for leftys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

That was actually pretty damn funny, gsj.  And I can say that because I am a lefty.

carollb wrote:

That was actually pretty damn funny, gsj.  And I can say that because I am a lefty.

I actually laughed out loud big_smile

On another forum where I don't go any more, they wanted to kill lefties !!

Makes me laugh when I see letters in mags which say that we should all learn to play right handed. If you're right handed, pick up a LH guitar. Still able to play ?? No way eh ?
That's what it feels like trying to play a right handed guitar when you are left handed..............unless you actually did learn to play right handed - as a friend of mines son did and I think Angelas son did. They are so lucky.

And my lovely Les Paul looks so weird "back to front" but I do look "normal" in the mirror when playing. Well that's my story anyway wink

Lefties of the world unite....I'm a lefty, too.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

That's at least two things we have in common then Patty smile

.........oh three...................I believe that lefties are more intelligent as well on average wink

I actually play a right handed guitar.  My first instrument is the drums, and I've always played right handed.  I had an opportunity once to sit on Phil Collins' kit, and I was totally perplexed as to how anyone can play with the hi-hat on the right side, and hit the snare with their right hand instead of their left.

carollb wrote:

I actually play a right handed guitar.  My first instrument is the drums, and I've always played right handed.  I had an opportunity once to sit on Phil Collins' kit, and I was totally perplexed as to how anyone can play with the hi-hat on the right side, and hit the snare with their right hand instead of their left.

After extolling the virtues of ROLAND in my post about the NEC music live show and their providing left handed kits last year.....they didn't have any this year. All right handed sad
So I know exactly what you mean.
I can't play them but it was 10 times harder this year than last.

Weird innit ??

Ges wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

That's at least two things we have in common then Patty smile

.........oh three...................I believe that lefties are more intelligent as well on average wink

Ges...It's all because we're in our "right" minds...hahahahahahahahah.....I wonder how many left-handed Joe fans there are....shall I start a thread to find out?   Or will everyone boo me for it?  What do you think?  lol Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

12 (edited by gsj 2006-11-17 12:00:11)

As I think some of you may know, I manage a guitar store and the Managing Director is left handed. As a result we're the largest stockist of left hand guitars in the UK, so I'm used to dealing with the problems that all you Leftie folk have when it comes to buying a guitar. Serves you right lol. Should I go into hiding now? lol

carollb wrote:

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young