1 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2006-11-01 12:50:06)

Topic: VOLKSWAGEN commercial

did you see the commercials with First Act guitars?

one with slash
nigel tufnel (from spinal tap)
john mayer...

it would've been cool to have JB in one.

Those First Act guitars are sold at Walmart - I wonder if the ones made for Volkwagens are any better feeling???

my favorite was "this amplifier has an airbag." - Nigel

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: VOLKSWAGEN commercial

I guess they are only in the US as I haven't seen them. They sound good.

I have just taken delivery of a new VW Passat this week and had the beefed up sound system fitted with the 6 CD changer. Guess what's in it big_smile:
I'm hoping that they bring out a 7 CD changer soon.........March I believe the rumours are about the accoustic album.

Sounds massive !!

You can view the commercials online here:

http://www.firstact.com/AboutFirstAct/I … 06_VW.aspx

Jane,
Nice avatar.......

"Be Pretty, Be Naked, Be Quiet".......

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

But does that Volkswagen go up to 11?

Inquiring minds want to know..........:)

Nothin' but the Blues

Yeah, I think this is an awesome idea, but how loud does it really go?

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

7 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2006-11-03 12:53:37)

lvbluesboy wrote:

But does that Volkswagen go up to 11?

Inquiring minds want to know..........:)

(in a Nigel tone) "Well, is it a car or and amplifier? A camplifier perhaps? Is it a car that plays or an amp that drives? That's the question really. I've been playing with the idea for about an hour now..."

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

First act actually sells  more guitars than any maker in the world I heard.. dont quote me but I think they do..  they are not the best playing or sounding or buy any standards made guitars but if you can plug them into a Jetta thats pretty cool...  I bet a Les Paul with Pafs would sound better though..  but cool nonetheless... at least mainstream is thinking guitar again.. thats good for all of us.. JB

PS.. wierd that Gibson or Fender didnt get in on this......  I know!!! Lets plug a 335 into a BMW M5 instant Robben Ford tone...  strange has the world become in 2006.. plugging a guitar into a car inorder to sell a cheap guitar and a cheap  car.. Now I have heard everything...now I sound like Lou Dobbs... sorry in advance to all VW and First act owners...

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

... at least mainstream is thinking guitar again.. thats good for all of us.. JB

Amen, Joe. Hopefully that's true.

I never heard of First Act guitar before this post, but did see the Slash VW ad.  Yesterday's business section of the newspaper had a photo of production of First Act out of Boston saying ...productivity stagnates as wages rise...The article revolved around predicting consumers may see big holiday discounts according to WalMart and other retail trends.  Guitars seem to be everywhere in marketing, in all the clothing catalogs...even websites for colleges have photos of students playing guitars!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

11 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2006-11-06 12:32:26)

lol - I went to Firt Acts' website - and you can build your own custome guitar.
I built mine (with what little options I had) and it ended up costing my $2999! Of course I did not order it : )

Dang! I could get a Gigliotti for that (or a number of better guitars with more options!)

Lee wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

... at least mainstream is thinking guitar again.. thats good for all of us.. JB

Amen, Joe. Hopefully that's true.

I guess it is: I went shopping some days ago and there was a poster in a shop trying to make me buy some strange kind of trousers. the girl on the poster was doing her best to rock... problem was perhaps that she was using a classic guitar with nylon strings... smile
at school we've got lots of people starting to play, I hope thats gonna last. i think if they play the guitar themselves they will understand music with guitar solos in it that last longer than some seconds!

Peace and Love!

Gibson is getting in on the band wagon so to speak.  Hot Rod Magazine and Gibson Custom Shop are having a contest right now for a limited edition 58 Les Paul Standard. 

You can sign up at www.gibsoncustom.com/hotrod58 .

Good Luck.

Tallan "The T-Man" Latz
8 year old blues guitarist
www.tallanlatz.com
http://www.myspace.com/tallanlatz

Gibson has always had their hand in making a corvette les pauls, and playboy guitars, etc.