Topic: Cindy Alexander advances to round 3 on Star Tomorrow

My friend Cindy Alexander has advanced to Round 3 of NBC's "Star Tomorrow" online competition. This week, rather than being paired against one other act/band, she's one of 12 bands which are grouped together and competing for votes. This week she's performing "Idiot Child" - one of my favorite songs of hers.

To watch her performance and vote visit http://www.startomorrow.com/vote_all_in.php and then select "Week 9" from the pull-down menu located above the video player.

Re: Cindy Alexander advances to round 3 on Star Tomorrow

Just a quick update, Cindy is among the top 5 finalists in the Star Tomorrow competition, and has made it to the final week/final round of voting. I think I've mentioned before that Cindy has opened for Joe a few times, which is how I first saw her perform.

She has a new podcast page at http://www.cindyalexander.com/podcast/ that you might check out. Also please consider stopping by the Star Tomorrow website and give her your vote and support. Go to http://www.cindyalexander.com/startomorrow/ and then click on "Watch me and vote."

Thanks, Stu

I got this e-mail today.

"Hi there ~ this note is going out to my wonderful CD Baby Customers.  I know that I contacted you about 3 months ago to tell you about Star Tomorrow. Well, I'm one of the last five standing and I thought I'd send out one LAST mention of my adventure and request for your vote, if you are so inclined. Here's the message that went out to my e-list:

We were not given dreams...without also being given the power to make them come true.

OK. I know I tend to joke around a lot. I get silly. I get stupid. And you all have put up with a lot from me, especially lately.  Never in my life have I been offered so much free psychotherapy and massage therapy.  Someone even offered to hypnotize me into the winners circle.  You've been voting, you've been cheerleading, you've been pulling me through this campaign like a U-Haul and I am indebted.

To my new friends & fans, and for those of you who have missed the last 50 voting pleas and bulletins, here's a recap:

3 months ago I started the crazy adventure called Star Tomorrow. It's NBC and David Foster's big experiment - a network series that has been broadcast ONLY ONLINE. It's like American Idol with the exception that the focus is on ORIGINAL material, which is what attracted me to the project in the first place. I'm a singer/songwriter and have been doing this all on my own for over 10 years. I've put out 3 cd's (I am currently recording my fourth), participated in 4 compilations and soundtracks and have a bunch of songs in film and television. I've toured all over the United States, Germany and Ireland, and I've had the honor of sharing the stage with superstar bands and musicians who inspired me as a kid. I have an amazing band, newly dubbed The Incidentals (please read about them on my Star Tomorrow profile).  I've taken it about as far as I can with no marketing budget, as an independent artist on my own label.  When NBC approached me with the show this past summer, I figured that after working this long and this hard, maybe it was time to let someone with a little more clout (like a multi platinum, Grammy award winning producer) give me a push. That's why I agreed to participate in Star Tomorrow. Thanks to my Pnut Gallery, my MySpace friends and fans, my band, my family and people like YOU, I've reached the final week - the last 5 standing! The winner of this contest gets a recording contract with Warner Brothers. It would be a dream come true for me, and I invite you to help make that happen. I wish I could give you something equal in return, but I do not know what that could be. However, I can tell you that I put my heart and soul into my music, and offer it back up to you ~ maybe it will move you, make you smile, make you laugh or make you think... (or completely annoy you - however, I hope not!).

Everything you need to know about Star Tomorrow is here:

www.cindyalexander.com/startomorrow

The only thing I left out from that link is this:  If you're not from the US- pick any US city, state and zip code in order to register.

We're in Week 14 - the Final Five (use the drop down menu if you aren't directed there in the first place), and the song you are voting for is "818".  The direct link to the video is :  http://www.startomorrow.com/vote_all_in … &id=16

After 13 weeks, you'd think the site would be more user friendly.  But, alas, it's still a pain in the behind (yes, I used a different word before but the email ended up in everyone's spam filter so now Im behaving).

Thank you as always, for your continued support and words of encouragement.  The internet blows my mind with its ability to connect us all with just a click ~ thanks for being in my corner of cyberspace, no matter where on earth you may be.

XO
Cindy aka pnut

PS: The Pnut Podcast premiered last night! You can link to it from the front page of my website, bottom left hand corner or get it through iTunes. FREE smile

THANK YOU 2006 L.A. Music Awards for naming Angels & Demons Album of the Year.  Also nominated for: Single of the Year for Angels & Demons and Artist of the Year

THANK YOU 2006 Just Plain Folks Awards for 2 nominations: Pop Album of the Year for Angels & Demons, Pop Song of the Year for Whoa

To purchase Angels & Demons at CD baby, just go here:

www.cdbaby.com/alexander3"

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Cindy won the Star Tomorrow competition. Thanks to all who participated!