Re: A Hard Road

you can hear a lot of nice les paul tones on the old skynyrd stuff, but all the Ed King fills and solos that really give that skynyrd sound are done on strats and tele's.

"You jump in front of my car when you.. you know all the time.. ninety miles an hour girl is the.. speed I drive.. "

Hey, what about the quintessential Les Paul tone: the one on "Do You Feel Like We Do"?

Billy Gibbons gets a nice tone from a LP.........but some of Billy's nastiest stuff was actually played on a Strat to begin with.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

pcornell wrote:

Billy Gibbons gets a nice tone from a LP.........but some of Billy's nastiest stuff was actually played on a Strat to begin with.

Yes Phil.. such as La Grange.. and his strat slide work on Apologies To Pearly... Billy is not only the king of tone.. but he's a damn nice and humble guy as well!

"You jump in front of my car when you.. you know all the time.. ninety miles an hour girl is the.. speed I drive.. "