Re: Live @ Rockpalast DVD brief review

Hi gOfyd,  I'm right there with you on there is something different about Joe, love the sound and variation....I personally love listening to anything Joe.  I may be considered a "cheerleader" for Joe, but I listen to Joe for the "pure enjoyment" I receive from his music.  It just all connects for me & my soul.    I told someone  recently that Joe would have to rape, maim, or kill before I would ever dream of saying anything less than positive.  He's the artist, the creator of magical music and fun.  That is the kind of fan I am and Joe, Mark, & Bogie this Iowa girl can't wait until you step out onto the stage at The Surf next month.  You'll know me, I'll be the one with the gigantic smile on my face. Patty wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

daddy5strings wrote:

Having seen Joe 3 times in one year I'm afraid the novelty is wearing off.
Feel he needs to slow down and become more creative rather than covering my generations numbers.
Still think he is a superstar in the making but we need to hear more of HIM.

Covering my generations numbers is exactly why I was drawn to Joe. The first time I saw him during the ANDY tour the moment I realized he was in another leauge as a player was his version of Are You Experienced.
I bought the DVD and Had To Cry Today was an unexpected surprise.

Sorry the novelty is wearing off daddy, but that is just the way you feel. I have been on the bandwagon now for 4 years and I havn't grown tired of Joe's ability to draw from the past and help me relive the good old days of Blues Rock. He is also allowing those not around at the beggining of the British reinvention of the blues to experience it for themselves.

I sat at the feet of Jimmy Page in 1970 I was 12 years old. It was a feeling I never felt again till sitting at the feet of Joe 32 years later. There is much more to come from Joe B. I'm just not in any hurry for him to distance himself from what atracted me in the first place.

I suggest you relax and watch the evolution of an artist who will surprise you when you think you have seen it all. He still makes me wonder if there is any limits to his talent.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hi gOfyd,  I'm right there with you on there is something different about Joe, love the sound and variation....I personally love listening to anything Joe.  I may be considered a "cheerleader" for Joe, but I listen to Joe for the "pure enjoyment" I receive from his music.  It just all connects for me & my soul.    I told someone  recently that Joe would have to rape, maim, or kill before I would ever dream of saying anything less than positive.  He's the artist, the creator of magical music and fun.  That is the kind of fan I am and Joe, Mark, & Bogie this Iowa girl can't wait until you step out onto the stage at The Surf next month.  You'll know me, I'll be the one with the gigantic smile on my face. Patty wink

Patsy

Patsy
Well said , there is something very genuine about it all , like an honesty from within.
Its cosing me a fortune in petrol as I love listening to him when I am driving.
Totally cures any roadrage.

Ian

Well said Jim...

Music is good for the Soul...

Live at Rockpalast seems to have been the first introduction to Joe for many new fans across the pond.  And jim, this is SWEET!!!"I sat at the feet of Jimmy Page in 1970 I was 12 years old. It was a feeling I never felt again till sitting at the feet of Joe 32 years later. There is much more to come from Joe B. I'm just not in any hurry for him to distance himself from what atracted me in the first place."

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/