Release date: June 6th
Title: You and Me
Stay tuned for more info.....

Re: Joe's New Album - "You and Me"

Interesting release date ^..^

David wrote:

Interesting release date ^..^

6/6/06 ==> Look for another head-cutting duel at the crossroads.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

[img]http://www.bluesnews.ru/spictures/2444.jpg[/img]

Got my copy on the day of UK release - April 10th. wink

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"

I just finished listening to the new album for the first time, I could not wait for the USA release so I got the import. Well let me tell you, in my opinion this is the best thing Joe has done yet. This is high quality music people. A fantastic band, Jason Bonham is as good of a drummer as there is in the blues/rock genre, period. Carmine Rojas is a great bass player, I have known about him for years, since he recorded an album with the progressive rock band Nektar back in 1980. Joe really made a bold statement adding these two guys as his rhythm section. A real bonus was having Pat Thrall playing on one of the tracks, Pat is one great guitar player. And the kid playing the harp, oh man does he ever have a future. LD is already a terrific harmonica player, he will be a big name in the comming years, he is that good. I play the harp myself and I can tell a good one when I hear it.
The production is first rate on this album, Joe Bonamassa has taken it to the next level with this one. There are 4 originals and the other 7 are covers , but they are as original as a cover can be.
Joe is on top of his game here, his singing just keeps evolving, and we all know what a talent he is on the guitar.
I am glad I did not wait for the domestic release, I will have heard "You and Me" many times before June.
Thanks Joe, this is a gem.

Hello everybody!
I bought the album some days ago, after going to one of Joe's (great!) shows (the best concert I have ever seen in my life!) , and I LOVE it! Most of all I like High Water Everywhere and the song on the acoustic guitar! and the cover is cool!
Lui

Peace and Love!

Nick, worth the wait on the forum. Good Job. You and Me. Rocks in a bluesy kind of way.

jim m

Iknow we are all New Members but I was kind of hoping for the title of Forum Elitist. Nick could you change my status please.

jim m

Hello - SoitsLikeThis,
You said most of it in your review, great job. Picked up the new Bonamass CD at the gig last Friday night, as I had all the others and this was the only one missing. I'd also like to say, that we saw Robin Trower a few weeks ago at the same venue and Robin had only his new cd and dvd for sale - while Joe had travel cases full of his cd's and dvd's - a class act!
Every one of Joe's cd's is different and a real pleasure to listen to. I'm listening to "You and Me" while writing this so please excuse the jumping around of songs. "High Water Everywhere" the old Charlie Patton song is a great opener - "Bridges to a Better Days" is typical Joe style driving number, and the vocals are strong as well as the support vocals that ring in both speakers, and just when you think the song is fading out, BANG off Joe goes into the strat-o-sphere! Good music and artists work doesn't get any better than this. 
Track three, "Asking Around For You" with "Orchestration" is a nice touch as Joe is singing with more than enough soul to please even James Brown, while his guitar work sings out strong it's always very tasteful as well. Here's a little tid-bit for you die-hard blues fans -  the end of the song comes as a kind of tribute to Kenny Burrell - From Kenny's "Midnight Blue" (from 1963) or "God Bless The Child" (from 1971) release.
"So Many Roads" is a brilliant piece of work! (nothing else to say).
"I Don't Believe" - nice change up, gritty,´jive jumping, smooth, slick and soulful - with horns, nice effect.
"Tamp Em Up Solid" by Ry Cooder - another drastic change up - nice and from the heart, which also slips right into "Django". A haunting tune that will please ghost and spirits alike, a bitter sweet mixture of howling, sadness and smiles. From the graveyard it moans and weeps.
"Tea For One" - Of all the Jimmy Page and Robert Plant songs to choose from Joe choose this one to do. Nice risk Joe - but for you no risk at all, as it goes with the overall flow of the material included. It's also the longest track on the cd - at 9:35 
"Palm Trees Helicopters And Gasoline" - Acoustic Guitar picking at its best - 1:45
Your Funeral And My Trial - LD. Miller - 12 year old Harmonica Player - Brilliant!
Tore Down - Excellent ending to a perfect CD release, another step in the right direction for Joe Bonamassa !!!! 
Keep playin´ Joe

Thanks Nick for the update.  Let us know what The Street Team can do to promote it...

Music is good for the Soul...

...Hi there,

I wonder why there is such a long time gap between the release in Europe and Australia (I know it's out there too)
and the US . Does anyone know ?
I have for quite while now...

Greets

Anybody know if CDs sold at the concerts count toward the official Billboard numbers for the first week of the release on June 6th?  In other words, if I buy one at Crystal Lake this weekend does it count or not?

the dude wrote:

Anybody know if CDs sold at the concerts count toward the official Billboard numbers for the first week of the release on June 6th?  In other words, if I buy one at Crystal Lake this weekend does it count or not?

Hey Dude, not sure but buy one this weekend and two on June 6th!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

I ordered it from Amazon UK also....   Couldn't wait.  It only took a few days to arrive.   $15.00 US.