Topic: Joe's Acoustic Guitars Question

Does anyone know what brand and model of acoustic's Joe plays?

Re: Joe's Acoustic Guitars Question

Redhouse:  Not entirely sure what he's playing these days, I remember a year or so ago it was Larrivee's, not sure if that one was the one that British Airways destroyed on a 2005 trip to England...last I recall I think it was Takamines, but I don't know what model.  Joe....always love to hear from ya....clue us in?

Keep on rockin' the blues

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Thanks.

I'm looking for an acoustic with a C shape neck and have yet to find one or something like it. I play Strat's all the time and when pick up my Martin, it really drives me nuts. I want to find an acoustic that really has the electric lead guitarist in mind. I have been checking out higher end Gibson's and Taylor's, so far the only one I find that I really liked, was the Gibson Sheryl Crow model.

Redhouse:  Was just watching his instructional video from about 10 years ago, and at that time, he said the Ovation Adamas was the "closest thing to playing an electric".  Again, tastes change, but that's from the "horse's" mouth, albeit dated info.

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Redhouse, have you checked out them Taylor T5 guitars? They are an electric hollow body that kind of plays like an accoustic. Its hard to find an accoustic with a c shaped neck. Thats very thin allthough my Taylor Big Baby has somewhat of a thin neck. Hope this helps.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Thanks for all the replys, I think I might end up with a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Cutaway, so far it's the one that I have liked the most. It's has a 60's C shape neck and really easy to play if your used to playing Strat's all the time. 

I'm still open on it and maybe Joe will come in and post what Acoustics he's playing and why?