Topic: Ram's Head On Stage/ March 30,2006/Bonnanapolis, MD

Hey I had posted most of this on the previous forum, just pasting it here.

Taking the Hit
Walk In my Shadow
Blues Deluxe so low down and dirty!
Mountain Time-LOVE Mark's back up singing
Bridge to Better Days
ANDY bass solo/ drum solo(short)
Miss you Hate you acoustic
Woke up Dreaming acoustic
the River
Burning Hell there was another bass solo I think it was in burning hell not sure
Asking Around For You
I was so excited to hear Joe say he had You and Me for sale he thought I won the lottery I feel like I did

This is just my personal sappy and whacky comments so just skip it if you are not interested in hearing how it was for me.

Overall a completey awesome show as expected. I miss the heck out of seeing Joe play with Kenny and Eric but I truly do enjoy Mark and Bogie (I asked Mark and he said Bogie does NOT go by BOBO, I wish I had asked him that before the show..) I had very nice conversations with both Bogie and Mark after the show, thanks again in a big way. I am not the best music critic and don't know how to describe it but I really like the way Mark lays it down and really like the back up vocals although not enough of them. Bogie great as well I love his rat-atat stuff. I caught myself expecting beats where Kenny put them that weren't there but in different places. All good. I am grateful for the Rockpalast dvd, which was sold out at the show BTW. I plan to watch it again tonight. I can't wait to get a dvd with Mark and Bogie though. I would like to relive the current Joe B. band experience on demand.

Especially after hearing the studio version on the new cd last night and this morning, I think I can say Bridge to Better Days is my new favorite song. Well ok its a tie w/P+S. Killer solo live but the studio version is "more" with Pat Thrall. I did like the live version heavier on the drums or louder on the drums, awesome beat.
all the songs last night were top notch in my opinion but the one that really hit me the most in my heart and my mind and all was Miss You Hate You. This is where it gets to be all about me. Love the song but wasn't expecting to enjoy the acoustic so much as I did. Joe's voice on there was so beautiful. Reminded me of James Taylor not in sound so much but the feeling I used to get when I would hear him sing certain tunes. A very beautiful comforting feeling. I was glad for my friend that I was with as she had requested Joe to play Miss You Hate You sometime a year or so ago when he asked her what she thought of the song choices and it didn't seem like a possibility. This particularly wonderful woman is also pregnant with my future God-child. I was glad that this kid got a dose of Joe like this before birth and if it turns out to be a guitar wizard I will be taking all the credit. Anyway thinking about this opened up some pathways in my mind. I always loved Miss You Hate You but struggled with relating the words to anything in my own life. I have had people I missed and hated at the same time but don't like to admit I need anyone, especially when I don't want to. It hit me different last night thinking about my future god-child's future, as well as my own adorable child's. I realize what I miss and hate and need more now than ever. Its everybody sort of in a way. I probably won't explain this right but here we go. I get so angry at some people for what they do or have done. I get so frightened of people at what they do or might do. Sometimes its easier to make everyone your enemy so you know exactly who your enemies are but I realized that then all you have are enemies. You can't see the joys in life (yes I know some people are in situations where there truly is no possible joy) when you are angry scared and possibly feeling defenseless. I need to help guide this kid, all kids to see the good in life and people. I realize i miss and hate the people who scare me or have hurt me because I need them, as much as I don't want to, to make this world a better place, for the kids, the future. So, I am on this Bridge to Better Days, I am going to find some better ways. I am not speaking of anything specific here but in a general overall way. This is what I got out of the show last night. Of course the song Asking Around for You means much to me as I have described before here. I fully expected to see my friend cry because I knew the people she misses that are in Heaven (ok my faith is a little different than most people I know but I do like to beleive there is a heaven and my friend picked me to be god-mother full knowing my philsophical and spiritual views). She was nothing but big smiles the whole time which was cool and I know that made some good vibes fluids get to the growing one.
Anyway if I misrepresented anyone, confused or angered or anything I am sorry and didn't mean to go way off the music topic here. I tried to give a warning but I just can't seperate the music stuff from the rest of me.

I forgot again to ask Joe the questions I had for him, or talk about things I wanted to. sometimes its like I am just awestruck but its also kind of like I just want to say Hey and thanks It was another great show and thank you, and while I felt like Joe would have talked to me about just about anything, I also get the feeling some things don't need saying. he played and sang his heart out and I am glad I caught it. It is the music that matters to quote a friend of mine and probably a zillion other people who said that. thanks Joe. I am on MY Bridge to Better Days. I can't really see the other side yet but I'm on it.
TGIF!!!!
oh yeah Joe seemed to really like my Bad A** Texas Blues shirt, as well as the Annapolis resident in the bar who was telling me about how the regulars get a little freaked when the bikers show up for these Joe shows and how they call them t-shirt shows(people who wear t-shirts). I think an acurate survey of the audience would have shown it was far from all just t-shirts in there but anyway I think next time this guy will get himself a ticket. (BUT I hope next time they come to Baltimore Ram's Head)
Peace
Jane (Bad Penny)

"until you find another way"-Joe Bonamassa

Re: Ram's Head On Stage/ March 30,2006/Bonnanapolis, MD

Nice review!  Can't wait for the show Saturday night, although it does look like they are doing the EXACT same setlist as when I saw them at Shank Hall in March.  Anyone know why Joe's sets have been so short?  Shank Hall in March was less than an hour and 20 mins...going out with no opening act we should be seeing at least a 2 hour show!
  Don't get me wrong...I'm grateful for what we get, but the shows I've seen lately it's like Joe is just getting warmed up and then it's over.
      --Alex

Cubby Bear, yea some people have expressed their opinion about that before in regard to the show lengths.  But, if you do this day in a day out, seems that you kind of have to be balanced.  Joe plays sooooo many shows in a year and he if did 2 hour shows each and every night, then burn out might happen. 

Bottom line for me and my wife, to go and see Joe even for a 90 minute show is well worth it.  We have traveled hundreds of miles and saw he play for 70 minutes, and he was the main act.  We have seen him as the opening act and play for 30 minutes.  Were we disappointed, no.  Would we have like a longer set, sure.  But he is the best around...

The setlist will probably similar to what they did in Europe. 

Enjoy the show...

Music is good for the Soul...

David-
  Good point, when you're as much of a road dog as Joe is, it's got to be a grind.  I agree with you though, getting to see Joe even for a short set is an experience unlike any other and I have *never* gone away dissppointed from oneof his shows.  I drove 2 1/2 hours to see his half-hour set on the BB King tour last fall, and 5 hours to catch him in Milwaukee in March.  Every time, it's worth every minute driven and every penny spent. 
   Another reason for the somewhat shorter sets on this tour is maybe that the new band hasn't had time to learn more of Joe's back catalog...he was out on the road so soon after recording "You & Me" that I imagine they put that setlist together and learned it in and out without a whole lot of time to do much more. 
   Either way, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!  lol
       --Alex K
       Street Team Coord., Iowa

Just out of curiosity, Are the setlist not changing anymore? Are they generally staying the same?