Topic: Attn: Illinois Street Team

Hey guys-

I went to the Raue Theater in Crystal Lake yesterday to get my tickets for the May 5th show, which was recently added on to Joe's schedule because (thankfully) his May 6th show SOLD OUT..

What I discovered was, the May 5th show is still FAR from being sold out, so I'm trying to get any of you local street teamers together, and maybe we can do a little foot work and push some promo for this show- anybody living in the area:

Cary, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Barrington, LITH, Algonquin, Elgin, Mc Henry, Woodstock, Oakwood Hills, Palatine, etc... you get the picture, we NEED to promo this show ASAP.

Flyers are always available for printing on Stu's fan site to pass around, tack up at stores, or put on cars... maybe if anyone knows of any music stores that would put flyers up, or even play some of Joe's CD's in-store, that would be a great help-

If you have any ideas, post them- if you want to help, let me know- I know I don't speak for just myself when I say we need another sold out show- so come on everybody, let's do it for Joe !

Thanks,
A.J.
Northern Illinois Street Team Coordinator

Re: Attn: Illinois Street Team

AJ- I've been doing my part via "word of mouth" to everyone I know (in addition to buying a few more tickets for the show that was added). I think posting (or handing out) flyers for the May 5th show is a good idea.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi A.J. and Bill,
Can anyone tell me how far Chicago is from the venue?  (length of car ride?)

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Crystal Lake is roughly 50 miles from downtown Chicago and probably 30 miles from O'Hare airport.  In light traffic, I can drive from Chicago to Crystal Lake in an hour. During rush hour it's a bit of a crap shoot, but can be as long as 2 hours. The drive from O'hare can be done in 35-45 minutes in light to moderate traffic.

Thanks Bill. I know one person in all of Illinois, besides you and A.J., of course.  He's a huge Clapton, Buddy Guy fan and I think he would enjoy Joe, especially since he is also a musician.  I'll let you know if he goes, maybe you can meet up.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Hey thanks, Bill- I knew I could count on you to help out!!

I'm hoping by the number of hits this post got, that there are more people helping out than actually posting, so keep your fingers crossed-

Can't wait for this show (may 5) I actually got tickets for all 3 of my kids, so they're going too! They are SO excited.. My son is just going to die if he gets to meet Joe... Joe sent me home with an autographed DVD and the pick he played with that night at the Shank Hall show in March to give to my son, he knew about him- he said he saw the Halloween pictures and thought it was the cutest thing, so anyway... it would be great if I could get those two in a picture together smile  My girls are already making Joe birthday cards and wanting to buy him guitar picks, and I keep telling them I think Joe has enough (Joe's b-day is May 8th)- 

Thanks to anyone helping in the efforts to get May 5th sold out!  I guess we'll know if it worked when we get there...

AJ- Sounds like we've got some work to do. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll try to get some flyers out there tonight and tomorrow night...and early next week.  I'll be in the 7th row next Friday (see you there) and my whole clan will be there on Saturday.

Just booked 2 tix and I will see you all there.

Crystal Lake isn't too far from WISCONSIN either, guys.

SG- I know, I've been to Shank Hall the last 5 times Joe's played there. Just a nice little 1 1/2 hours to Milwaukee if traffic's not bad.
AJ- Handed out some flyers last night...left some at a few places in Crystal Lake and Algonquin. I'll see what I can do early next week too.
See you both next Friday!

10 (edited by All-Original SG 2006-04-28 14:46:13)

Sorry, Bill. That was just a hint to my fellow Wis. residents.

Thanks, Bill!

I've got some passed around myself, and I got someone to play his music this week in their music shop (w/ the flyers and concert info).  I gave him Blues Deluxe, HTCT and ANDY live... I plan to give the Raue Theater a call and see if they'll tell me how many seats are left- will post soon!

and hey "all original", glad you could make it and hope to see you there!!

SG- thanks, but no need to apologize, I wasn't offended by anything you posted. I'm glad you're giving hints to your fellow Wisconsinites...we'd sure like to sell out Friday night too!   Also, glad you're making it down for the show. Maybe we'll get to meet Friday night. I'll be 7th row center wearing a JB shirt...probably the long sleeve Harley style with the logo on the back.

My friend and I will be in the 3rd row on the far right....

or is it the left....?

I forget....

14 (edited by Kawika 2006-05-01 09:42:59)

My wife, Mary and I have been following Joe around the country for many years now but I have yet to have the opportunity to see him in Chicago.  We've turned our friends in Chicago on to his music and they went crazy after hearing his stuff and set up a group ticket buy for Crystal Lake.  We're making the trip from Colorado and are very excited to go to a new venue for us.  Don't know yet where our seats are but hope to see you all there.  Can't wait!!!
Aloha, Dave(Kawika) and Mary

Kawika:

You'll love the Raue Canter, it's a beautiful theater... my girls have been dancing there for a few years (ballet).. the sound and lighting is great, the seats are all really good, you have a nice view from everywhere- have a great time!

Hey-

I just got off the phone w/ the Raue Theater, and found out that MORE THAN HALF of the tickets for Friday night are NOT SOLD YET!!!

This, of course, makes me unhappy, I am hoping that you street teamers in the area will PLEASE take a little time and pass out some flyers this week, try to get the word out- I will be doing the same.

Thanks-