Topic: great evening in lorsch/germany :o)

hi folks,
yesterday evenning i've been visiting joe in lorsch/germany (for luck - i'm livin quiet near to lorsch!).
And until now i'm deeply impressed and very,very happy to had the chance and luck  to hear and see joe.
I like blues and bluesrock and i like most the way , joe plays, on his famous guitars, the blues!!!!!!!!
and - his voice even is great (after 16 gigs in europe!!, lorsch has been the last one!, he had even enough power for singin and shoutin the blues!))
Wow, what a great show - fortunatly i've got a place directly in front of the stage (the rex/lorsch was closed up - means: 450-500 people,good blues-mood).
i'm climbing and one of my climb-friends  some weeks ago gave me the "guitar&baß"-magazine - we both are guitar players.I readed (?!?-my english is horrible....) the interview with joe and  decided to join the concert , took a ticket via internet.
what a pitty: the other climb-guy has been too late- couldn't get tickets - **##!
Can some of you joe-bo-freaks tell me, where i can download videos of joe?
yesterday i've bought one dvd  ("rockpalast"), but i'm very interested in more videos - i'm really hungry to see and hear more of joe and his band.

Hope  joe will return in august/september - i will be there once again in lorsch!

buy buy   yikes)

Re: great evening in lorsch/germany :o)

On Joe's website you can download a couple of videos on the media page. Also on the main page of the site there is a streaming 4 part video series that has interviews, acoustic performances and some live footage on it. If you check out youtube.com and search for Joe Bonamassa there is 1 or 2 videos up there as well.

Other than that there is the Rockpalast DVD which you already have, A New Day Yesterday Live DVD and a newly released Joe Bonamassa Instruction DVD, I've forgotten its official name.....

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Yep that was a real cool last concert ( for this time ), that was the first time we dont need a hotel, so we dont had the chance to get the same hotel like Joe ( as it happened twice now )  but nevertheless we met him in the kebab house around the corner lol ....

I asked him about the 24th August gig in the Rex again ( dont plan it Annelies ), he told us that " he dont understand whats going on, cause they are in the States till the 28th " so I guess the date will change but hopefully not the venue.

The gig was amazing as expected, another sold out with 500, its funny to see how the jokes are changing " I sing 14 songs a night ......  ( someone must had checked this )
now we have " I sing 12 songs a night ......lol

hope Joe have enough reasons to come back

cheers Ralf

Thanks for great up guys, any chance posting the setlist? How long did he play?

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks for the gig review and Ralf thanks for letting me know [losrch] I will be in England in september hope to see some shows there and you all.

Yeah I was counting the two I do during soundcheck..  then I realized nobodys there for that so.....duh. My Bad...
Its kinda of funny to me. After 50 shows you start loosing track.
Joe Bonamassa

couldnt you try " I sing 18 songs a night ..... " , guess we can manage that the crowd will sing 1 alone then lol

c u next time over here

cheers Ralf

8 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2006-05-02 08:51:49)

Hi Joe,

if you might read this...
...please could you give us the set-list of the gig in Lorsch...  smile
I can't get it together anymore... (due to limited hard-disc-resources in my head wink)...and I was so caught by the performance itself...
I remember BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS had been included, because I love this song and the ASKING AROUND FOR YOU (angel on my shoulder)... that's been the one you did use the blonde ES335 for, didn't ya? And I love the ES...

Thanks so much in adavance... smile

Greeze

TAKING THE HIT
WALK IN MY SHADOW
BLUES DELUXE
MOUNTAIN TIME
BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS
NEW DAY YESTERDAY > SPOONFUL JAM
MISS YOU/HATE YOU-JOE SOLO ACOUSTIC
WOKE UP DREAMING - JOE SOLO ACOUSTIC
JOE SOLO ELECTRIC SLIDE INTRO