Re: Current Playlist April '06

I've been in a bit of a CSN and CSNY space of late...probably because they're coming to town in July.

I am currently on a Metallica kick...preferably, Master of Puppets and Justice for All.

I will get back into the blues in a week or so!

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

I bought Wish you were here by pink floyd, and am now desperately trying to play the solo... I'm not very good with the bottleneck sad . And I'm still listening to Gerry Rafferty.

Peace and Love!

The new Derek Trucks record is good. I have been listening to it a lot.
Loggins and Messina live in Santa Barbara Sittin in Again.
John Mellencamp Whenever We Wanted, Smokin guitar work by David Grissom
Still listening to You and Me at least once a day.

jim m

I get  a feeling like that , too, Jane - I think it's because my mother kept playing it when I was very young. It's interesting what one associates with some songs... when I listen to Sting's Walking on the moon I always feel like eating pizza smile
A friend brought me some Zappa albums I'm listening to right now.

Peace and Love!

What Zappa albums? I have the Mothers of Invention album. My brother got me into listening to his stuff in high school, which I won't get into how long ago that was. I saw him in concert too. HERE in GREEN BAY, WI! That's pretty crazy!

I think I'm going to have to buy some Gerry Raferty... I could use some flash backs to my youth.

That's one thing that is really awesome about music. It can transport you through time and completely change your mood. It's better than a therapist!

And I definitely am going to buy the new Derek Trucks cd.

Thanks all for sharing... always nice to hear other's feelings and maybe get some new direction for something different to listen to.

Julie in Green Bay  smile

Right now I'm in high anticipation of Joe's new release. I have taken a break from all Joe Bonamassa CD's untill the new one comes out.

Been hittin' my CD archives till then.

G3 Live,
Joe Satriani,
Steve Vai,
Jonny Lang,
Kenny Wayne Shepherd,
Thin Lizzy,
Gary Moore,
Van Halen,
Eric Gales Band,
Robin Trower,
Gov't Mule,
Zakk Wylde,
Ana Popovic,
George Lynch,
Velvet Revolver,
Coco Montoya,
Queensryche,
Walter Trout,
Ritchie Sambora,etc...

I got "joe's garage acts I, II & III", "The best band you never heard in your life" and "Sheik Yerbouti".
Unfortunately I was quite young when he died and never had the chance to see a concert.  There are so many great guitarists and singers who died before I even heard about them sad - Because of that I'm so very happy that I heard about Joe!  Which songs are on the Mothers of Invention album?

Peace and Love!

You know, Lui, it's been such a long time since I've even looked at the album, I don't think I could tell you which songs are actually on there. The one that always sticks in my brain is Pajama People though. He was so brilliant. I wish I could have seen more than one concert. I'm impressed with the collection you have started though. Guess I'm gonna have to break that one out and take a peek at it again!
Thanks for stirring up some old interests!
Peace to you too! smile
Julie in Green Bay