Topic: The "Hook"

I know this has been discussed here before, but if you had to select one song to play for someone who had never heard Joe before, what would it be?
After listening to "You & Me" for the last week, I've revised my selection to "Asking Around for You". Great song that I think will have very broad appeal.
Has anyone else changed their selection since the release of You & Me?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: The "Hook"

Asking around for you is a beautifull song, but for the You and Me disc, So many roads and Bridge to better days are the 2 that I would play for the first time listener.

But lets face it, if it's Joe it's gonna be good.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

I don't care for "Asking Around for You". Not cause it's slow cause I like "Waiting for Me" and "When She Dances". Just can't get into it. One song from Joe? It would have to be "Takin' the Hit".

I have always liked "Colour and Shape" done live.  Great intro and the solo just blisters...

Music is good for the Soul...

Recently I think it would be "So Many Roads"......:cool:

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

How can you choose just one?  Pre "You and Me" I'd say that 2 songs that give a good introduction to what Joe's all about are "My Mistake" and "If Heartaches Were Nickels."  From "YAM" I'd say "Bridge" and "Asking Around."

"Heartaches" LIVE... no doubt about it for me- with a Blues Deluxe chaser smile

I let every one who comes in my house.......... listen to the song ANDY-Live !! That's the song that got me hooked if it does that to me it will do it to others and it already did so few friends joined me at the dutch-gigs!!!!