Topic: Fool's Songs

Why Do Fool's Fall In Love, Won't Get Fooled Again, Fool For The City. C'mon gang help me out how many more have you got?

Fool On The Hill,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

2 (edited by gsj 2008-04-01 16:15:15)

Re: Fool's Songs

Fool If You Think It's Over,
Fool For Your Stockings,
Fooled Around And Fell In Love,
Fool's Game
Chain Of Fools

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Everybody plays the fool

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

gsj wrote:

Hey Geoff, we saw Elvin Bishop here in February (he opened for Robin Trower).  Midway thru the show - he introduced, Mickey Thomas who thrilled the audience (AND Elvin) with a nice rendition of that song!  Apparently, we were the first to witness the two of them back on stage, performing together in many a long year.  'Twas fun.  smile

BTW - before that show started, Mickey and his very pretty date strolled right past us - I told my hubby, "THAT is somebody.....looks like a rock star to me......" - you know, some of them just have that "look".

smile  Libby  smile

Okay......back with the thinking cap......fool,  fool,  fool.......

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Must a been through about a million girls
I'd love em and I'd leave em alone...
I didn't care, I was the kind of churl
Tears left me cold as a stone.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Two-time fool                 - The fabulous thunderbirds

Fool's hall of fame           - Johnny Cash

Fool in the rain               -Led Zeppelin

Nobody's Fool                 - Martin Harley

Who will the Next fool be - Tom Jones + Jools Holland  (not sure who the original was i think its a cover)

7 (edited by darrflo 2008-04-01 17:55:39)

FOOLIN' =  Def Leppard     Fool For Your Loving No More = Whitesnake  What a Fool Believes = Michael McDonald  Cinderella = Nobodys Fool

Tell me about the car i saw parked outside your door ? Tell me what you left me waiting two or three hours for ? Tell me why when the phone rings, baby, your up and across the floor ? Please dont keep me wondering no more.....

Fool on the hill
Ship of fools

9 (edited by gsj 2008-04-01 18:14:22)

It's a sweet song Libby. We used to cover it a few years back......fantastic harmony lines. Sounds like you had a good night out. Yeah, funny how some guys look like stars. I remember being told as a youngster...."when you're at work doing a gig, even if it's in a local club and you're standing at the bar before the show, everyone should know that you're in the band and not just a member of the public by the way you dress and carry yourself". It works too...not that I'm a star smile

Libby wrote:
gsj wrote:

Hey Geoff, we saw Elvin Bishop here in February (he opened for Robin Trower).  Midway thru the show - he introduced, Mickey Thomas who thrilled the audience (AND Elvin) with a nice rendition of that song!  Apparently, we were the first to witness the two of them back on stage, performing together in many a long year.  'Twas fun.  smile

BTW - before that show started, Mickey and his very pretty date strolled right past us - I told my hubby, "THAT is somebody.....looks like a rock star to me......" - you know, some of them just have that "look".

smile  Libby  smile

Okay......back with the thinking cap......fool,  fool,  fool.......

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Nobody's Fools- Cinderella

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Just one more quick story along those lines Geoff.  (Patience, please, if I've told it before.) Same venue....a few months earlier.....who do you think was workin' his own merchandise table prior to the show?  Mr. John Mayall - yep, that's right, all by himself.  AFTER we visited with him, took pics and made a purchase, we strolled inside and sat down.  Ten minutes later I tapped my hubby's arm and pointed out a man who was oh-so-casually-leaning against the half wall that ran along one side of the theater......just gazing out into the crowd......quietly assessing things.......could have been just about anyone's husband, perhaps waiting for his wife to come out of the Ladies Room.....everyone just walking past the nice man in the T-shirt and jeans.....never having A CLUE that, yes, you guessed it, it was John Mayall, THE Godfather of the British Blues, an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, friend, mentor and associate of MOST of the biggest names in blues, behaving in such an ordinary fashion, that he became INVISIBLE.  Fascinating to watch.  Really.  So, now, I've seen both types. 

After the show, when I had the opportunity to see him again, I made it a point to tell him that he had successfully made me forget about my mother, who had just had cancer surgery, for a FULL 90 minutes.......HE was clearly MOVED.....and then, a few minutes later, he quietly......and discreetly......autographed a baseball cap, handed it to me, and said, almost under his breath, "Here.  For your Mum."  Made me cry, of course.  We will see him again in about three weeks.  I will be armed with a photo of my darling Mum, who is now missing her hair, but, is instead proudly donning her VERY favorite cap.  smile

Now, THAT is a ROCK STAR.

smile  Libby  smile

P. S.  Sorry John - I'll get back to the FOOL-ishness of the topic at hand, I promise.  smile

gsj wrote:

It's a sweet song Libby. We used to cover it a few years back......fantastic harmony lines. Sounds like you had a good night out. Yeah, funny how some guys look like stars. I remember being told as a youngster...."when you're at work doing a gig, even if it's in a local club and you're standing at the bar before the show, everyone should know that you're in the band and not just a member of the public by the way you dress and carry yourself". It works too...not that I'm a star smile

Libby wrote:
gsj wrote:

smile  Libby  smile

Okay......back on with the thinking cap......fool,  fool,  fool.......

Bill S.

What a Fool Believes....  No wise man has the power to reason away...

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Whew!  I got another one!  Finally!

Fool Me Once     (B. B. King!!!!)

Once again, my apologies for sliding deeply off topic earlier, J Dawg.

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Wise men say only FOOLS rush in

But I cant heeelp faaaalling in loooove with youuuu .....

It´s the KING. smile

Eva

Wont get fooled again.
The Who

Mess of blues

Be careful with a fool

Johnny Winter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

A Fool for You - Ray Charles
Fools Moon - Gov't Mule (with Jack Bruce I believe)
Towering Fool - Gov't Mule

The Fool and Me - Robin Trower

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"