Topic: What's your amp history?
500 pounds or about $1000 usd
Amps I like for that much new/used
used circa 94 Peavey Classic 30 or 50 and while you are at it try to find a Val-Verb
vintage silver face Bassman or bandmaster
vintage marshall JCM 800 combo
anyway thats my 2 cents...
Joe's post in another thread inspired me to make a list of chronologically owned amps starting with my first amp ever.
1. 1993 Peavey bandit 158 (15watt w 8" speaker)
2. 1995 Peavey Classic (tweed) 100 watt head w/vintage Fender Bassman 2x12 cab. The cab was painted black and had a silver face. I stripped the black paint to show the blonde underneath. It had one original bassman speaker in it - sold & replaced with hughes & Kettner American Classic 12"
3. 1996 Peavey Classic 100 head w/ peavey 5150 4x12 cabinet
4. 1997 5150 Half Stack (head & cab)
5. 1997 (used 80's) Marshall JCM 800 2x12 combo amp
6. 2000 (90's) Rivera Knucklehead 100 watt head w/5150 4x12 cabinet
7. 2002 (90's) Rivera R55-12 (12" 55watt combo) w/5150 4x12 cabinet
8. 2003 (90's) Rivera R55-12 (12" 55watt combo) w/Marshall 1960A 4x12 cabinet
#8 is current amp
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping.