Topic: Blues Societies...

I'm flirting with starting a blues society in this area...

The closest ones are in Atlanta and Birmingham...

Anyone here an officer or active member in a local society?

I'm still in the research mode and may be until I get schooled a bit more...

I am currently the president for a local chapter of a very large national organization here, so experience to run an operation is not as big an issue as getting one off the ground from step one!

Re: Blues Societies...

AK, I'm on the board of directors of the local blues society and, oddly enough, we were just reviewing the origins of our group last week. The main thing you need to do is find yourself some blues lovers and sit down for a nice chat. Before that meeting, go to blues.org (the Blues Foundation) and take a look at the info they have, as well as following the links to their various affiliates.

Hawkeye Herman has a great guideline for establishing a blues society, by the way. Look for the article "How to Create A Blues Society". It's a PDF and is a valuable resource.

If you need more help or want to ask questions, don't hesitate to email me.

P.S. Jim M. is a mover and a shaker in his blues community and could provide valuable insight.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Re: Blues Societies...

thanks for the links