1 (edited by Stu Craig 2006-07-30 17:23:50)

Topic: STAR TOMORROW on NBC - Please support Cindy Alexander!

A new talent-search type of reality TV show premiers Monday night (July 31st) at 8pm/7pm Central on NBC. One of the contestants will be Cindy Alexander, a very talented singer/songwriter/guitar player from California. Check out her website at www.cindyalexander.com

I first met Cindy when she opened for Joe Bonamassa in Seattle a few years ago, and immediately purchased every CD she had released. Cindy has opened for Joe several times since then, and is a big supporter. An interesting side note is that Joe's girlfriend Lea is opening for Cindy tomorrow night at the Key Club in West Hollywood! (the TV show has already been taped).

Anyway, please consider watching the program, and then visit  http://www.nbc.com/StarTomorrow/ to cast your vote for Cindy! Thanks!

(Edited for date correction)

Re: STAR TOMORROW on NBC - Please support Cindy Alexander!

a recent post from Cindy to her Yahoo Group:

To my fellow nuts ~

First, thank you to all of you who came out to support me for the Girls' Night Out event at the Key Club.  We had a great time raising money for two incredibly worthy causes-  WeSpark and Animal Kind Rescue.    Putting on an event AND putting on a show is a lot of work....and I forgot to eat.  If you want to diet - just take on my schedule I guess. wink

I know that Rainy and Robyn had pretty crappy days but they made it to the show anyway - EXTRA cyber hug to you two for pulling yourselves together and showing up despite the odds.  And Ronny too - he had to work waaaaaaaaaaay far away all day Saturday but still made it on time.  XOXO

Lea Herman, Circe Link and Lahna Turner played wonderful sets.  If you couldn't make the show, please check out their websites.   Lahna played last and there were not many people left - but she is HILARIOUS (not for the faint of heart or easily offended).  I hope to have her on a bill with me again soon. 

NOW...time to plug my friend Joe Bonamassa.  If you're in the L.A. area, I urge you to witness his genius.  I know you won't be disappointed - he is one of the most passionate guitar players/singer/songwriters I know and puts on an incredible show.  As you know, I opened up for him earlier this year Midwest/East Coast.  He's playing August 2nd at the Key Club.  Visit www.keyclub.com or www.jbonamassa.com for more info.

xo
pnut