Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Deezer wrote:

I can certainly see that. lol Remember, the mafia's bad, mmkay? And why is the mafia bad? Cuz drugs are bad, mmkay?

Nah the mafia has, for the most part, gone legit these days (though still tend to run business with "a big stick" so to speak...).  And there is much more to the mafia than drugs...believe me, I've had that conversation with some of them.

But really, for the most part I really do perform my Street Team duties with nothing but positive energy.  I'm just saying, if it ever came down to it, I'd get into a back alley rumble for Joe, no hesitation.

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

MontiusWinston wrote:
Deezer wrote:

I can certainly see that. lol Remember, the mafia's bad, mmkay? And why is the mafia bad? Cuz drugs are bad, mmkay?

Nah the mafia has, for the most part, gone legit these days (though still tend to run business with "a big stick" so to speak...).  And there is much more to the mafia than drugs...believe me, I've had that conversation with some of them.

But really, for the most part I really do perform my Street Team duties with nothing but positive energy.  I'm just saying, if it ever came down to it, I'd get into a back alley rumble for Joe, no hesitation.

After all, we can have those hands doing any punching...

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:
MontiusWinston wrote:
Deezer wrote:

After all, we can have those hands doing any punching...

See, I look at it like that!  I'll happily do Joe's dirty work, just so he doesn't have to dirty his million dollar guitar playing hands with it!  It's kinda like the enforcer-type mentality, and I just happen to know a few hard, pipe-swinging brothers that would be perfect for the job!

tongue

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

The fact that this person hasn't waded back into the muddy water he/she stirred says a lot--some lightweight hit and run artist who really isn't worth all this consternation, though it is cool to see the passion rage in these "what did you say about my Joe?" posts.

Joe, we've got your back, buddy. Drop the "B" off Bloosin and I think we know what we're dealin'
with.

Blessings,
Larry

"...play skillfully and shout for joy." Psalm 33:3b (honest, it really says that)

Sorry for all the trouble !!!
The story is true , and I just want to find out Why ?
First , some asked about me , and to introduce myself .
I'm a big blues fan . Been to about 800 shows or more-(not all blues)-even flown over to europe for a Walter Trout show . Saw JB 2 times Tucson -West Palm Beach .
First intro to JB was  the Rockplast video , then couldn't get enuff !
I liked Popa a lot more before this show . The song IPOYG is to say the least a pretty bold comment from Popa , and I'm curious what could have sparked this .
It kind of hard now wanting to listen to his cd's  , but I'll get over it . Got a lot of his CDs ,and even had bought 1 to the show for him to sign . Popa's work on his Hendrix Tribute is fantasic , but how could someone so into Hendrix trash someone like that . Gotta make you think whats that all about .
Thanks , Bloozin

Your mission, should you choose to accept it Bloozin, is to fully investigate and thoroughly explain the aforementioned slight.  As always, should you get your knuckles rapped by Sister Mary Mary or fatboy sits on you, the Bonamafia will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

goodluck
jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

POPA CHUBBY:

DELIVERIES AFTER DARK

(BLIND PIG) **½

"Deliveries After Dark" delivers just what the beefy Bronx bluesman promises: rocking blues so visceral you can almost smell the cigarette smoke and stale beer of the clubs he likes to play.

Chubby is not one for subtlety.

His lyrics are as raw as the music. Sounding like a cross between the all-out rock of Aerosmith and the soaring electric guitar blues of Jimi Hendrix, Chubby (born Ted Horowitz) even throws in some white-boy gangsta action on "I'll Piss on Your Grave," a bluesy paean to music-industry rivalries.

I tried to research this a bit, but Papa Chubby's site is closed. What a compliment, to sing a song to Joe..Joe IS a big threat after all.I've seen Chubby and he's good...He's NO JOE...He may have been pulling your chain..Did it come after you asked about Joe or was it unsolicited? At any rate, it gets Joe's name out there. I remain unarmed until I am called to battle by "The Powers that BE"....... Cathy

Stu Craig wrote:

POPA CHUBBY:

DELIVERIES AFTER DARK

(BLIND PIG) **½

"Deliveries After Dark" delivers just what the beefy Bronx bluesman promises: rocking blues so visceral you can almost smell the cigarette smoke and stale beer of the clubs he likes to play.

Chubby is not one for subtlety.

His lyrics are as raw as the music. Sounding like a cross between the all-out rock of Aerosmith and the soaring electric guitar blues of Jimi Hendrix, Chubby (born Ted Horowitz) even throws in some white-boy gangsta action on "I'll Piss on Your Grave," a bluesy paean to music-industry rivalries.

If I read this review correctly, and was to speculate, Popa may have quipped this song was about JB because he knew he was talking to a JB fan. Had bloozin been wearing an Anthony Gomes T-shirt, Popa may have said it was about Anthony....just a thought?

Stu Craig wrote:

If I read this review correctly, and was to speculate, Popa may have quipped this song was about JB because he knew he was talking to a JB fan. Had bloozin been wearing an Anthony Gomes T-shirt, Popa may have said it was about Anthony....just a thought?

I thought of something like this, too. As I said before - Popa often does these kinds of things, like insulting people but making clear in the same second that it´s a joke. I think I really wore a JB shirt at one of his concerts (always Street Teaming, you know wink) and had him sign a CD for me. I can tell ya, he looked angry ....... probably not the best idea to wear a JB shirt at one of his concerts.

Bloozin, it would be good if you told us some more details (if there are more) ... did he say that to you in personal or did he say it on the stage?!
I still can´t believe it.... (that doesn´t mean that I don´t believe you, Bloozin!)

Eva

29 (edited by suhl 2008-02-12 12:40:30)

im not aware of anything about this feud.  he may be jealous or something.  dont fall into the trap of saying he sucks he is far worse etc.  he is an amazingly good guitar player.  a dick move sure.  but that doesnt negate the playing and songwriting he has done.  he is one of the better songwriters going in blues today.  he is inconsistent, but it is a lot harder to be consistently good from song to song when you write pretty much every song you put on an album.  so i am going to continue liking both artists and finding this to be kind of funny and sad.  have a good one.

personally i dont even think the story is true.  as popa doesnt really hold back i wouldnt put it past him to do that if he was in a real feud with someone, but at the same time i just can't see joe getting in a feud with anyone.  he is totally nontheatening and has generally never done anything negative at least in the public eye at all that i am aware of to popa chubby or anything other artist.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

This goes as a warning to everyone: not everybody who posts a controversial topic is a troll. Thank you for joining us bloozin.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

You're right Jane! Found his site and sent him a nice e-mail..Just told him the Bonamafia wanted clarification on his remarks..   Cathy

Foreplay!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Deezer wrote:

This goes as a warning to everyone: not everybody who posts a controversial topic is a troll. Thank you for joining us bloozin.

I thought roadies were trolls.  I know I was.  And when I was the musician, my roadie was.  And i survived all that...

Nah Deezer you're right.

justfunning
jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Jane H. wrote:

Roy........

Troublemaker.

notme
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Haaa... I will not comment on this as its definately in the realm of second hand information.  Rest assured I dont think I ll be getting a birthday card from him come this May...Anyway even if its true... which I dont think it is.  This aint Rap or Hip hop.. nobody wins from a feud.. He does owe my crew an apology which we are still waiting for and would accept honestly, for that stunt he pulled in Germany..  But whatever we have moved on and released two albums since... anyway  I wont lose any sleep over it..
If it is True: mind you.....and only if...(which I dont think it is) That would mean he has issues that need to be addressed and studied at a University Level.
Keep me posted either way..
Thanks
Joe Bonamassa

Joe it could be you or anyone else who plays blues guitar.  He's not always cheerful.  Thanks for weighing in.

reallydon'tcareeither
Just in a mood
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms