Topic: West Texas Date. Amarillo

Tickets went on sale today http://www.panhandletickets.com/ West Texas fans are in for a treat. The venue doesn't look too shabby.
http://www.amarillo.com/globenewscenter/

Re: West Texas Date. Amarillo

Hmm is there a way to find if there are any other Texas concerts going on that aren't listed officially on the website??  I really really want to see JB while he's in the region but I can't make any of the ones scheduled now.  If the one in Amarillo was in Lubbock instead, or if there was one in Lubbock or Austin/DFW the next week I could go.  Talk about bad timing that weekend is the only weekend I'd have any trouble going.

That is the only show I know of that is not listed for Texas. Lubbock is not that far a drive from Amarillo. So saddle up that horse and head North.

I'm in San Angelo though..  3 hrs from Lubbock, no problem.  But 5 to Amarillo.  I might try though if I can convince anyone else to go that far with me.

5 (edited by G420 2006-07-15 11:03:04)

It's a GREAT venue for acoustics & viewing the stage - however don't expect to smoke-party inside as it's a high class joint & they are proud of it.
(look for a older guy down front with a young son)

http://www.panhandletickets.com/
(Good seats are still available)

Big A has some great eats & a lot of cheap or $$ hotels if you’re traveling in -

Tonights the night & the tickets have sold well (venue seats 1,300)

We are ready for Joe's first visit to Amarillo & it's time to start the party - smoke em if ya got em

The show sold out

Awesome - congratulations on a fabulous promotions effort - enjoy the show!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Argh..wish I could have gone.  Hope Joe is back in Texas within a year.

10 (edited by G420 2006-07-29 08:24:40)

A 2 hr show = Joe was smoking - the band was hot & the sound was KILLER - from the first notes J had the crowd by the balls /

It was a mixed crowd – with a BUNCH of boomers that looked ‘straight laced’ = that’s a good thing = as Joe is reaching all ages of Guitar fans.

I have been to 100’os of concerts & have been within 10 ft of some of the best rock/blues players ever; SRV – Eric J – S.Vie – J. Page – Eric Clapton – Gary Moore – C. Santana - John Sikes = the list goes on / that said; *Joe is among the most passionate players I have ever witnessed – His song writing ability is great & along with a golden voice & the charisma to go along with precise & technically blinding great playing = Joe is indeed a rare talent =

*I heard many dif influences in his playing

I was blessed to go = I was right in front of him all nigh & stole every lick I could (lol)

Come back soon Joe – we love ya!

The crowd was VERY loud screaming - *Joe - Joe - Joe - Joe = till they came back for the encore = *Joe had a smile the size of TX on his face

Through a series of serendipitous events Joe was booked in to the 32 Million dollar Globe News Center for Performing Arts. Less than a month out from the actual date.

I had heard about the Globe Center from a friend in Amarillo I had met a couple of years ago and turned on to Joe. He had an opportunity to try to convince the powers that be that Joe would be worthy of setting foot on the magnificent stage in this modern marvel of architecture.

Not only did they take on the challenge but they proved what can be done with an orchestrated promotional effort where an entire city gets behind an event. This show was such an overwhelming success for Joe and the management of the center I’m sure it will lead to a long standing relationship with Joe Bonamassa and will help put this venue and Joe on the national radar screen.

I would say three fourths or more of the audience had never heard of Joe Bonamassa before but came to support the center and out of curiosity after the media blitz that preceded the event. Of course we all know how they reacted. An amazed shell shocked crowd in the lobby after the performance. Not enough superlatives to describe Joe’s show.

It is also impossible for me to describe the geodesic design of the hall with its 1300 plus seats arranged in such away that it appeared that the back row could easily reached with an under hand toss. The sound was unmatched with movable baffles to change the dynamics of the room from amplifying a mere voice on stage to keeping Marshall half stacks at bay.

What a room, what a show, what a crowd. Thanks to Wolf, Julie, Liz, and all the people in Amarillo that made this show possible. I met so many nice people I couldn’t list them all. I can’t wait to come back and I’m sure Joe feels the same way. 

I predict this venue will be a destination point for artists in the near future. Amarillo must be commended for this ambitious adventure to build a state of the art venue in the West Texas prairie, to give its people a world class facility that will attract not just young up and comers such as Joe but world renowned artists as well.

Jim,
Glad you enjoyed our new band hall!  It is pretty nice and the sound is outasite.  We did a venue in your home town of OKC back in March.  Some dude named Buddy Guy at the Farmer's Market?  While not the same type building by amy means, a really cool venue just the same.  Thought I was back in the old high school gymnasium except I could buy beer and enjoy the show!
Buddy put on an excellent show and my daughter and I enjoyed it very much.  She has just turned 21 and really likes the blues.  We were on the second row with her on the end seat by the aisle in the center.  When Buddy came down into the crowd, he wandered around to the back and then came down the aisle where she was sitting on the end seat.  I cannot remember the song he was playing at the time, but the line "Squeeze Me" was in the song and he stopped and asked my daughter if she could sing "Squeeze Me" to which she said the words, then he said no, into the microphone, where he took the mic from his roadie guy and put it right up to her where she squealed "Squeeze Me" into the mike and the crowd came down with it all.  Her feet are still barely hitting the ground since March.
Even security told her good job on our way out!
I watch the Farmer's Market just in case another show comes that we can make.  Kind of looks like an Alamo type building.  Great place for a concert!
Blues are best!