Topic: Millcreek - Appleton, Wisc 7/11/06

Just wanted to pass along that advance tickets to this show are $20. Opener is The Scotty Meyer Band:

http://scottymeyerband.com/biography/

Venue web site:
http://millcreekbar.com/

I'll be there!

This venue has a signed, framed picture of Joe on the wall along with a signed guitar case. Looks great.

- Steve

Re: Millcreek - Appleton, Wisc 7/11/06

See you there!
Mike & Julie

Just when I discovered the meaning of life, it changed.

Tomorrow night. Whoo hoo!

I hope the weather holds out.  T. storms and rain predicted I hear.   Oh well still better than 10 degrees and snow at Shank Hall....Remember?  That was one cold night!  Hot coffee and half the show later we began to thaw.
I guess I really don't mind the rain so much when I think about December!

Julie and I will be there early, Joan is comming with her Seroogies for Joe and the band.  A group from Marinette will be there also.  I haven't met them yet but it should be a GREAT night for music!

I have a feeling Joe will be in form and give a awsome show. 

See everyone there!

Chrissie and I will be leaving the house around 5:00, should be there about 5:15 or so. I need to get a seat for her and I need to set up my recording gear on a particular table set in the corner, near their popcorn machine, or at least I think that's the best spot for what I can do in this venue.  Won't be a "Shank" recording, which always comes out so nice.

If it rains and no one is in line, on that same block there is a "Bar" and an "Anduzzi's" to take shelter in. Anyway, it'll beat freezing to death outside Shank, which I may end up doing if I attend the December show.

The opener should be half-way decent, I have heard good things about the trio and I know Scotty has been to several Joe shows, including Millcreek in the past, so he's a big fan.

- Steve

Sounds Good!
See you two there.....

If it rains I will just stay home. Ya.......right........! See you all tonight. Rick and Laurie

Sun wrote:

I hope the weather holds out.  T. storms and rain predicted I hear.   Oh well still better than 10 degrees and snow at Shank Hall....Remember?  That was one cold night!  Hot coffee and half the show later we began to thaw.

Julie and I will be there early, Joan is comming with her Seroogies for Joe and the band.  A group from Marinette will be there also.  I haven't met them yet but it should be a GREAT night for music!

See everyone there!

Really wish I was gonna be there! I just couldn't swing the drive from Chicago on a week night without taking two days off, which wasn't in the cards this week.
Oh well, have fun, and I hope to see you all  in December. ...in front of Shank Hall, probably in the same cold/snow.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Sun wrote:

See everyone there!

Really wish I was gonna be there! I just couldn't swing the drive from Chicago on a week night without taking two days off, which wasn't in the cards this week.
Oh well, have fun, and I hope to see you all  in December. ...in front of Shank Hall, probably in the same cold/snow.

Wish you all could be here... looking forward to the Shank Hall show also. It shouldn't be bad since it's early December. Beats the freezing snow slop at the last show! But the excitement and anticipation seem to melt it all away anyway! Somebody will let you know all about the show tomorrow I'm sure!
smile
Julie in Green Bay

I'm spoiled to see one of my favorite guitar players in my hometown.  Hopefully, if Joe gets too popular, the show will get moved across the street to the Performing Arts Center.

I see Shank only booked one night in December and I thought there was talk of a 2-night stand.  Nothing on Shank's site yet, just Joe's site.

11 (edited by Belexes 2006-07-11 23:34:44)

GREAT show tonight, sold out, 225 I believe. Joe & crew ate at the big Italian joint down the road prior to the show, Victoria's.  This was my second show with the new lineup and outdid the last time I saw them.  Just keeps getting better and better!  Three songs from You & Me: Bridge, So Many Roads (Yes!), and Asking Around For You.

I see Joe has hired his own Front-of-House sound guy? At least I think that's what his position is.

Recording I did sounds pretty good. Will be up on Dime when I get a chance.

- Steve

I did think Joe's voice was a bit "horse" last night, most notably on Mountain Time, but given the amount of touring he does along with all the travel, he gets a "pass" from me on this.

I goofed somehow on my recording and the stereo jack came half unplugged during the first song, so I only got one-channel for some of the song. I figure though I should be able to repair this in "Cool Edit", by just doing a copy/paste of the channel I did get over to the blank one.

Nice to see everyone last night! Rick/Laurie, Mike/Julie, Sara, Joan (don't think I ever introduced myself to her, but we have traded/e-mailed in the past).

Belexes wrote:

I did think Joe's voice was a bit "horse" last night, most notably on Mountain Time, but given the amount of touring he does along with all the travel, he gets a "pass" from me on this.

I goofed somehow on my recording and the stereo jack came half unplugged during the first song, so I only got one-channel for some of the song. I figure though I should be able to repair this in "Cool Edit", by just doing a copy/paste of the channel I did get over to the blank one.

Nice to see everyone last night! Rick/Laurie, Mike/Julie, Sara, Joan (don't think I ever introduced myself to her, but we have traded/e-mailed in the past).

Great to see you again too Steve/Chrissy, Rick/Laurie, Joan... I missed Sara, must have been zoning. Only had about 3 hours of sleep the night before.
Was lucky to escape from work to make the show.

I noticed that too about Joe's voice, but it didn't stop him from givin' his all as usual. I was also impressed with the opening band... served well to get the crowd pumped before Joe came on, although we all needed little encouragement.
I have to agree, the band seemed to be having a lot of fun together and it seems that they are getting tighter and more relaxed with each other. Mark was in good form last night too. He does seem to be lending himself to the direction that Joe is taking. Good thing I wasn't standing in closer proximity to you, because I probably would have ruined the recording. I was defintely not holding back on being vocal last night. My throat let me know it when I woke up this morning. A good time was definitely had by all! Looking forward to Shank Hall!!! Got that withdrawal thing going already!

smile
Julie in Green Bay

Well, damn.  It's been awhile since I've been here.  All fancy schmancy and stuff now.  I like it LOTS better!! 

Anyhow...the show was awesome.  Good to see y'all again.

Live your life with your eyes and your mind wide open.

Here's the recording:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=104933

Very good recording -

Thanks