Topic: Dallas Texas. Lower Greenville, Granada Theater

Greetings , newbie here.
I saw Joe last night for the 1st time . What a show, what a player. He's got a million licks.
Local geetarman Rocky Athis opened up the show and tore it up.
Hope to see him Sunday night in Fort Worth.

If we practice and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, soon the whole world will be blind and toothless. -Mahatma Gandhi.

Re: Dallas Texas. Lower Greenville, Granada Theater

Another Newbie Here on the site, But have been listening to Joe for about a year now. Man what a show! This was my 2nd show(i saw him last year in Ardmore,OK.) He was absolutely on fire this show. You can tell he is really getting comfortable with the new mates. His version of Just Got Paid Today was unbelievablly hot and a big surprise!  I realized though after the show, that he didn't play any slide the whole night. I wouldn't think this is very common. Has he done that much in the past? Looking forward to him at 8.0 on Sunday!

just 'cus half my friends are imaginary doesn't mean I'm less popular

bradscrib wrote:

I realized though after the show, that he didn't play any slide the whole night. I wouldn't think this is very common. Has he done that much in the past? Looking forward to him at 8.0 on Sunday!

Unless he threw Burnin Hell and the River out of the set Thursday I think you must of blinked when he pulled the Electra Slide out.

Well, from 20 feet away it must have been a pretty long blink. Burning hell and the river are 2 of my favs', from which he did not play.   He didn't pull out either chandler that night. Anybody remember the setlist in order?

Jim
He didn't play the slide at all on Thurs night, honest!

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

I saw the You Tube video. I guess he exchanged Hat to Cry for The River and Burnin Hell. I haven't seen a setlist, just a guess then. I believe you Barry just hard to believe.

I guess that answers my question on  how much slide he plays live.