Topic: The gift of Joe will never be forgotten

On December 3rd of 2004, a great friend of mine called me at 4:30PM with a spare ticket for a musician I had never heard of before. The show was at 7:30PM that night.
Mark proceeded to give me 10 minutes of glowing reports of Joe Bonamassa. As luck would have it, I was available that evening...an evening that changed my life forever and for the better. I have seen an even 20 shows, counting that first one. I have listened and watched countless hours of Joe's albums, tapes of live shows and dvd's.
I have made many friends who share the same passion that I do.
Mark will always hold a special place in my heart because he gave me the gift of Joe.
Mark died today after a recurrence of cancer and complications from a November bone marrow transplant. He never made it out of the hospital.
We fished together, we golfed together and we shared a love of great music.
He was a true friend and will be sorely missed.
Please say a prayer for his wife and family.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: The gift of Joe will never be forgotten

Wow Bill, I'm sorry. Losing friends is a special kind of hurt. How lucky that you had a Joe bond. I know that will be forever and you'll send him a big heart hug at every show. Sounds like he fought a long, hard battle. Respect to him for that and sympathy to his family. Put on the headphones and be comforted. I bet he got to go to planet Blues/Rock...Cathy

I feel very sorry for you Bill. Loosing one of your best friends  is like loosing a part of yourself I think. My best friend Rudi, my cousin, is my friend for more than 50 years, he's like a brother to me.  Loosing him would me like loosing the closest relative. We too went to our first Joe show together in November 2004, same memories like you and Mark.

I wish you, Marks family and friends all the strenght and power they surely will need.

I'll play the song -Still in love with you- from Thin Lizzy 's CD Live and dangerous for him now, like I did when my parents and sister died of cancer too. That song is my homage for those very much loved people.

Andre Wittebroek.

Hello Bill very sorry that you lost your frind  i pray for him .his family, and for you .

Geko

Bill, I'm very sorry for your loss and for Mark's family. He sounds like a great guy and it's always harder to lose someone you share a special bond with.

I'm just saying.

Bill, it's 5:45 in the morning here in Cali....I got tears in my eyes....I'm so sorry....Deb and I will pray for his family....

God Bless.....Dave

One love, Bill. Positive thoughts and support for you and yours and Mark's family from this side of the great pond.

(My oldest son is also a Mark.)

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Bill so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend.  Remember the great times you shared together and always celebrate his life.  Give yourself plenty of time to grieve.  Sending thoughts and prayers to you and to Mark's family.  Take care.

Barbara.....

Wow, what a kick in the gut, Bill.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  Best wishes to Mark's family and all who have lost loved ones.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Bill,
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend.  My love and thoughts are with you and am keeping Mark's family in my prayers.  Our days on the great planet Earth are not known, but how wonderful the days that are spent with good friends.  Take care buddy.
                                                                                         Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I'll say a little prayer too. Sad news my friend.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

I am so thankful that you had someone like that in your life.  I am so sorry you have had to suffer that kind of loss. 
Please know that you and your friend Marks's family are in my prayers.

My sincerest condolences, Bill.  Fishing, blues & golf? 
This forum is incredible.
I salute the spirit within.
Much Love
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I'm very sorry for your loss, Bill. What a friend you had...your love for Joe is a sign that his spirit lives on.

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Thank you so much, each and every one of you.
There is a reason that I spend as much time as I do on this forum. The people here are incredible...I consider all of you friends.
Peace.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Me too Bill!!!

Andre Wittebroek.

Life can be such an unmitigated #@$@# sometimes. sad

I posted this a few days ago in the Street Team forum -

Amsterhammer wrote:

...to report unusual successes?

.....I have been chatting on msn with a lady in England, who had not heard of Joe. I sent her some songs and Youtube links, and she's signed up now too! As she also has a large circle of friends, I impressed on her the importance of carrying on the good work!

The lady I referred to here has just been hospitalized with kidney failure. sad

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Bill .. So sad to hear the loss of your Friend , You have Made Many friends on hear , and met loads of Forum Buddy's too .... and all because of your friend that introduced you to joe's music , He Certainly Changed your life and you must be proud to have had a true friend .
And i was fortunate to have met you at Elgin in May .... we had a Laugh and great time didn't we smile .... His Memory lives on through you Bill

My Thoughts are with you

Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg