Topic: Joe featured in new guitar magazine

Joe will be featured extensively in the new guitar magazine "Guitar Edge" - first issue comes out in a few weeks.  Magazine website is www.guitaredgemag.com for more info.  There will be 12 full song tabs per issue.

Re: Joe featured in new guitar magazine

Thanks for the heads up, Jim. I'll have to pick up a copy of this for Arthur...........he's really coming along on learning the guitar.

Cion

Looks like my kind of guitar magazine! Cut to the chase with Joe! How do you follow that?

Dave

Thanx for the heads-up on this!

L8r... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Just got the issue - Joe is featured nicely in a one page article/interview, that talks about his new record.  Also, has a sidebar on the gear he's currently using.  Cool quote: "I wanted to make a blues album, not a rock album that has blues on it". 

BTW, if you can't find it at a newsstand, you can get this now as a back issue from:

http://www.musicdispatch.com/item_detai … rds=695919

Just picked up a copy of the magazine - hadn't seen it on shelves until yesterday. Short article, but still, it's an article. Looks like the mag will have lots of nice tabs for all you savvy musicians.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Speaking of Joe in magazines- in the current Guitar Technique (I think that's where I saw it) magazine, there is an article on blues riffs and blues playing in general- they give you a little intro about Joe and a few other great blues musicians, then show you how to play a solo with their signature riffs in it.  It was pretty cool, actually.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128