Topic: Bourbon & Beyond 2024

The 2024 Bourbon & Beyond festival in Louisville, KY, has been revealed two months earlier than in past years. There are some notable acts this year – so much so that my road dog and I have signed on for all four days. That said, I’ve not heard of most of the acts on the bill. Hopefully there will be some nice surprises.

New this year will be two additional stages set up in the back 40 to add to the chaos. There’s at least a couple of must-see acts that I fear might be playing back there. Hoping there won’t be any overlap with acts of interest on the main stages.

https://bourbonandbeyond.com/

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Re: Bourbon & Beyond 2024

BarbieD wrote:

The 2024 Bourbon & Beyond festival in Louisville, KY, has been revealed two months earlier than in past years. There are some notable acts this year – so much so that my road dog and I have signed on for all four days. That said, I’ve not heard of most of the acts on the bill. Hopefully there will be some nice surprises.

New this year will be two additional stages set up in the back 40 to add to the chaos. There’s at least a couple of must-see acts that I fear might be playing back there. Hoping there won’t be any overlap with acts of interest on the main stages.

https://bourbonandbeyond.com/

Great line-up this year, but the headliners a bit uninteresting for me.  There's a bunch of great musicians though.  I miss AHSmith giving his usual take on this famous festival.  Thanks Barbie for posting this for this year.

Re: Bourbon & Beyond 2024

I’m glad to report that last week’s Bourbon & Beyond festival had the best lineup I’ve heard in recent years. We sweated it out in high temps the first three days followed by on and off rain the fourth day. We were so burnt out we left early the last day.

Notable acts on Thursday included a rocking set by Taylor Acorn. Three other acts performed before Beth Hart took the stage for a short yet powerful set. Beth was in top form - she looked happy, healthy and was belting out the tunes! We had goosebumps despite the 90 degree temperature and by the end of it my friend was in tears. It was THAT powerful. Also enjoyed Lyle Lovett, The Wallflowers, and The Record Company. I missed most of Matchbox Twenty but my friend loved their set. Then it was Beck followed by Sting to close out the night. It was a great first day with only one or two acts not to my liking. But the other 30,000 people thought they were great! lol.

Friday started out with Duane Betts & Palmetto Motel. I just love Duane and his sidekick Johnny Stachela. Johnny is an excellent slide player. Also enjoyed music by Robert John & the Wreck, JJ Grey & Mofro, Melissa Etheridge who, in my opinion, was the standout of the day. The Tedeschi Trucks Band finally played this festival and they were, of course, awesome. Dave Matthews Band closed out the night and as with Sting, we listened to the first few songs and then made our way out. I missed Grace Bowers but it was so hot I couldn’t even make my way to the side stage to see her.

Saturday brought many notable acts and the largest crowd this festival has ever seen. I heard from a security guy there were 86,000 tickets sold. Others reported 60,000. Acts I enjoyed and whose names I can remember include Smith & Myers (one half of Shinedown playing acoustic), Shane Smith & The Saints, Kaleo, and Whiskey Myers. The night closed out with Cody Jinks and Zach Bryan. We left early again after ZB’s first few songs. Oh, and Samantha Fish played a slammin’ set on a side stage that I was able to see.

Sunday brought on and off showers but also Neal Francis, the Bacon Brothers (playing fun, quirky songs; they were really good!), The War and Treaty, LARKIN POE (!!!) and The Beach Boys. It was after that we started the process of deciding whether or not to stick around. We ultimately decided to hang it up in the late afternoon and get some rest before the drive home on Monday.

Overall I agree with Curby’s comment on the uninteresting headliners, hence, leaving early every night. But there were enough surprises each day to mostly keep me interested.

I do believe we will not attend this festival again. Between the inevitable heat, all the controversy that surrounds the rules and regulations, the overselling of the VIP area where we hang - it’s just all too much. But we’ll see. We’ve had a good run, attending each fest since it started in 2017. It was Joe on the bill in 2017 that got me there initially.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST