Re: Blues Deluxe Vol. 2 Coming 6 October, 2023

I was surprised that the album Blues Deluxe 2 without Intro

Joe Bonamassa returns to his roots with new studio album BLUES DELUXE, VOL.2
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of his best-selling independent release BLUES DELUXE

26x Billboard chart-topper Joe Bonamassa has released Blues Deluxe Vol. 2, his new studio album, out today via his own J&R Adventures. In celebration of this landmark release, which marks 20 years since his first independent album, Bonamassa has unveiled the project’s latest single "Is It Safe To Go Home,” a standout from the album, crafted by producer Josh Smith.

Blues Deluxe Vol. 2 revisits and pays homage to Bonamassa's musical roots, offering listeners fresh takes on classic blues tracks that have shaped his journey. The album boasts two new originals and eight covers, honoring legendary names in blues, from Bobby “Blue” Bland to Albert King.

Finally a half decent (actually the best of the 4 released videos) song with great playing and solo

Is It Safe to Go Home

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ghai2yjzvg

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

My copy came yesterday from Amazon. I think this is a fantastic album. Joe’s playing really kicks some **** on this one. This will be in my repeat play pile for a while.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

23 (edited by Juice night 2023-10-08 17:57:35)

ReverendPaul wrote:

I think this is a fantastic album. Joe’s playing really kicks some **** on this one.

Absolutely right! Joe is a bluesmаn from God smile

Bravo

Its an excellent album. It seems skewed towards more of an R&B  stying. A good amount if horns. I know that is  a turn off for alot of folks here. Would not be my first choice of blues style, but still enjoy it.
  Just taking it in. Def different from the  original.  Joe’s singing sounds great too!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Excuse me!

gary wrote:

A good amount if horns

How to understand this?

Um
Trumpet, sax, trombone
Those are horns,
Watch Royal Albert Hall Concert 2009 get an idea of horns are used
Or watch the 3 Kings Tour from The Greek Theatre

Juice night wrote:

Excuse me!

gary wrote:

A good amount if horns

How to understand this?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Juice night wrote:

Excuse me!

gary wrote:

A good amount if horns

How to understand this?

Perhaps English is not your main Language?
What I mean as the music has a horn section used quite often. Compared to the first Blues Deluxe which was a  guitar bass and drum  mostly

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

Perhaps English is not your main Language?

Is not. My second language is English, I studied it at school and university.

Thanks for the clarification about the "horns")

In our mentality, “cuckolding” means treason, deceit towards a man.

The album  has been growing on me.
I am really enjoying it

Your rock candy baby

I am digging the album

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Listening to this album again - it still doesn't do it for me. The first Joe's album I didn't buy. And if you know me - it tells you a lot. But! There is always a "but" - a few songs are growing on me - " Win -O" and "Is It Safe To Go Home" (although it's funny to think that what it would be if I asked an AI to wright a song in " Joe Bonamassa style")

Still absolutely loving Joe's guitar and all over his voice lately. Fantastic, sensual and touching tone. But Vol 2 is hard stop NO from me. Will stick with Vol 1 , The Masterpiece.

reo l wrote:

Listening to this album again - it still doesn't do it for me. The first Joe's album I didn't buy. And if you know me - it tells you a lot. But! There is always a "but" - a few songs are growing on me - " Win -O" and "Is It Safe To Go Home" (although it's funny to think that what it would be if I asked an AI to wright a song in " Joe Bonamassa style")

Still absolutely loving Joe's guitar and all over his voice lately. Fantastic, sensual and touching tone. But Vol 2 is hard stop NO from me. Will stick with Vol 1 , The Masterpiece.

I do like  first BD better. Style wise fits in where I am more. I wasnt sure on this first.
But its a grower for me. I think I have to be in the right mood for it. Same with Tine clocks.
  Or maybe it was me expecting a more power  trio type of album for this.
   I will say Joe does mix things up. I have been hoping he would come back full  circle  and do a power trio or 4 piece album as with keys. Maybe that ship has sailed forever.
   I will say the  over all quality is there on the  last two studio albums.
   Maybe not my favorite Joe material over all.
but still enjoyable to me.
     I do get where your coming from though.
   If you just cant get into it then that is just the way it is. Hopefully next one will be a winner for you .
  I am looking forward to the next BCC!

Your rock candy baby

Great album “Blues DeLuxe” vol2 bravo, Joe !!!

For all those who - just like me - don‘t like Joe’s BD 2 that much- why don‘t you give Germany‘s multiple Blues Award winner Kai Strauss a try?! This guy really deserves it - for starters compare this version with Joe‘s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nRKOUj … J1bQ%3D%3D

And what about this one, basically a song about Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV70b4g … J1bQ%3D%3D

Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmSu_p … cmdhaW4%3D

He doesn't have to hide behind anyone - superior playing, superb sound throughout…

gary wrote:

I am looking forward to the next BCC!

Really looking forward to new BCC. Have a feeling it will be fantastic! Hoping for at least a few tour dates, although the information on this is contradictory.