Topic: Popa Chubby

I must have been under a rock for the last 20 years.....this guy is amazing....the more I listen, the more I need to see him live.....

Re: Popa Chubby

I like Popa Chubby´s records, but I love to see him live - MUCH better!
Almost 3 hours(or longer) of sweat & Blues!

Here a complete Tv-gig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDig2EMTYIo

Enjoy!

yeah he is good. The bass player AJ Pappas is a good friend of mine. Actually he is bass player for my good friend Gary Hoey now.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Well, I was looking forward to catching Popa Chubby for the first time in a decade, but just had news that the UK tour dates for this week have been pulled; no reason given as yet.   sad

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

On a whim I went to see him in march 2020 - glad I did, because there wasn't another live show for a year and a half!!!  That said, he was okay. I had a fun night, but wouldn't go see him again. Different strokes for different folks, and that's okay.

Well, I don't know if it was down to poor advance ticket sales or poor health, but it was a bit short notice to cancel the show with 48 hrs notice. Funny thing, when I booked the ticket, I had a "feeling" it would happen.

Still, onwards and upwards.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...