Topic: Favorite Live Record

What is your favorite Joe Bonamassa live record?!?

Re: Favorite Live Record

Seagully wrote:

What is your favorite Joe Bonamassa live record?!?

Live from Nowhere in particliar

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

None of them - to be honest.
Prefer some of earlier recordings which unfortunately don’t feature on your list.

Lester…

Live from Nowhere in Particular

5 (edited by DougH 2023-06-03 09:59:51)

I see from your pole list you have “modern “ live
Joe’s playing and vocals have changed over the years, some of it for good, some for not so,

Just my opinion here:
-British Blues: Joe’s last big ‘tribute’ concert, playing by band is great but the flattest performance I can think of, rarely on my playlist and never a whole show,
-Royal Tea Ryman: tough show with only a virtual audience; I like it now, but live stream was tough watch at the time
-Tales of Time: Joe starting to get back to himself
-Sydney:  probably the worst sounding recording, overly compressed, lower in volume than all others, so story goes they forgot to hit record and other things

Try
Rockplast- raw Joe (wonder if I rip’d to mp3 for my car, hmm)
ANDY live - the dvd can only be found from Joe’s website ; awesome playing, comments band makes of dancing girl’s; “cringe worthy “
Royal Albert 1 - 2009 he took a leap of faith, did it on a shoe string, one of his best

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I'd throw in  Tour de Force at The Borderlands, too. Maybe not my favorite, but right up there.

7 (edited by Lester 2023-06-06 03:45:18)

The only one on the list I’ve heard (or 75% of it due to a faulty dvd) is the British Blues Explosion and wasn’t over impressed.
Personally I would be leaning towards Live at The Greek (if you’re into the big band sound), RAH1,LFNIP and the Tour de Force RAH concert.

Zeyer - I believe it’s Borderline not Borderlands.
Sadly, this venue has been closed since 2019.