Topic: Joanne Shaw Taylor

Don't you just love Joanne Shaw Taylor!!!

I just ordered three of her vinyl records and have been spending my time watching and listening to her on YouTube and Spotify.

What is your favorite JST song or cover?

Robert

Re: Joanne Shaw Taylor

Seagully wrote:

Don't you just love Joanne Shaw Taylor!!!

I just ordered three of her vinyl records and have been spending my time watching and listening to her on YouTube and Spotify.

What is your favorite JST song or cover?

Robert

I saw Joanne a long time ago in a Henderson, Kentucky blues festival with some other Ruf artists.  She opened the set with a rousing version of "Proud Mary" (the Tina Turner version not CCR).  She's always been a great guitarist and singer.  My favorite album is White Sugar.

First saw Joanne at a pub gig in The Woodcutters; Hartlepool (UK) back in 2010, so Diamonds In The Dirt album has special resonance for me: then White Sugar, then Almost Always Never.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

This seems to have stalled; was this just relating to JST or a segue perhaps into other artists that Joe and Kevin Shirley have worked with down the years such as Beth Hart or Josh Smith?

Certainly Kevin Shirley has an impressive cv: - Iron Maiden,  Steve Louw,  Black Star Riders, John Haitt,  Robert Cray, Mr Big,  Journey, Dream Theatre, Black Stone Cherry etc..

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...