Re: Way Huge - Overrated Special

I had one of the original thousand. Just came with a pick tin and some case cAndy. The pick tin is what was numbered unfortunately. I had Joe sign mine at a meet and greet. I told him it was one of the original 1000. Don’t remember the exact words but I got the impression that the second thousand weren’t his idea and that something happened where another batch was produced. Don’t take it as gospel.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

Yeah I got 1589 out of 2000. So they must have added some

Maddawg wrote:

Yeah I got 1589 out of 2000. So they must have added some

What is everyone talking about?!?

@seagully a Way Huge Overrated Special is a pedal (Way Huge) that was modified for Joe by George Tripps to compensate for Joe’s himbucking guitars that were already bass heavy, which in over drive causes guitars muddy sound,
So in short Way Huge Overdrive pedal is what gives you that ‘fuzzy’ type sound
Joe’s “Overrated Special “ is a modified version
Can be purchased from Joe’s store link at top

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I don't play one but one of the other guitar players in my band does. His is pretty darn quiet and he is putting it through the high gain channel of an old 5150 100W head. Maybe you got a faulty unit?