Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

It just occurred to me that it's almost 50 years since I went to my first MLB game. In June 1970 I went to see the Yankees and the Orioles play a doubleheader at Yankees Stadium. My church had a bus trip, my grandfather took me, my brother and a friend down to NYC.

I got to see that great Orioles team play. Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Boog Powell, Jim Palmer etc. Both games went 12 innings!! What a long day.

Tickets to the two games... Bus... round trip with food and drink. 24 innings of baseball all for the meager price of EIGHT dollars per person. THREE dollars of that total was for the game tickets. A double header for three dollars.... That's a lot of bang for the buck.

Addicted to Drums.. Music.. Drums.. Cars.. Drums.. Drums.. Drums.... Not looking for a cure!!

My Padres have the usual hopes, a well stocked pitching staff and some holes to fill.
Play ball!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I was going to the Diamondbacks opener this Thursday, watch my boy Bumgarner pitch.....

These idiots are going to set back the game like it did in 94, a BIG mistake!

Looks like a 60 game season (stupid)…..the comish is making the players go back (money money)…..I say no to all sporting event gatherings until the vaccine is available....my 2 cents

I was hoping both sides would step up, but way too much money at stake with the collective agreement expiring at the end of the year.  So no room for showing “weakness”.  No one does the politics of money better than MLB.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

received the email from my Braves, looking forward to some on TV when they get going. Something is better than nothing, I think

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Wow, you guys really loaded up at the trade deadline, I saw all that so I've been watching a lot of Padres highlights. The Braves have a new "rock star" in the house, a pitcher named Ian Anderson. He won his 2nd in as many tries last night at Boston. He even looks a little like Ian from back in the 70s but much shorter hair. Marcel Ozuna has been tremendous for us so far, Dansby Swanson as well.

RickB wrote:

My Padres have the usual hopes, a well stocked pitching staff and some holes to fill.
Play ball!
Rick

Well, that worked out in spite of some adversity. The town’s abuzz and it’s a crying shame the dang ballpark is closed for our shot at, as Tatis said, the big cake. 
This club is such fun to watch, constant tension but they find a way to win with sometimes explosive vigor. They feed each other and when they hit a groove, put up crooked innings that are eye popping. The lineup has no weakness, they hit for power and average from 1 to 9 and can be scary good. Slam Diego has earned the name. The team is also deep. Players go down with injuries and the next steps up and you wonder why they hadn’t been regular starters.
Pitching is a team effort as the last game with the team that had owned us in past years showed. A bullpen of live 1 inning arms set the Cardinals on the ride home with ease. 9 pitchers played like a master by our manager.
LA is the cream of the crop and has beaten us this year. We’ll see....

BEAT LA resounded from the crowd surrounding Petco Field Friday night. Hundreds watching on phones as the game played on the other side of the wall erupted in joy as dreams got real.
Heady times in Padreville. This team is for real.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Tampa Bay & Marlins!?! - Looking good for a Florida derby.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

IF the Rays can keep from getting hit by NY pitchers and survive the series, and IF the Fish can get by my Braves. Both should be an excellent watch and both could go to game 5

BansheeUK wrote:

ahsmith33 wrote:

IF the Rays can keep from getting hit by NY pitchers and survive the series, and IF the Fish can get by my Braves. Both should be an excellent watch and both could go to game 5

BansheeUK wrote:

Looking like we were both half right..... Rays V Braves? or have I just jinxed it...?

Nay, I don't believe in jinxes per se, it is what it is but we never should have been considered an underdog vs tha fargin' Doyers. We have our new magic man Ian Anderson on the mound today, lord knows I was a huge Tull fan back in the day. I got to see them 3 times in the 70s, believe it or not that is pretty good for living in Alabama  .............. Sitting on a park bench, eyeing LA bats with bad intent !!!

So long as he doesn't have the greasy fingers.... Anyway, if he pitches on one leg it'll be a hard time calling balk....

I should have commented on the awesome 60 game season....uhhhh.....who cares, none of the awards winners or teams in the playoff matters IMHO......this needs a serious asterisk.....ok, go ahead and hate on me now......have a lovely day just the same smile

2023 Season....

Just seen that the Cubs & the Cardinals are to play a 2 game series in London, 24-25th June....

Vida Blue, a legendary left-handed starting pitcher, best known for his time with the Oakland A's, has died. He was 73 years old.

The legendary pitcher helped the A's win three consecutive World Series championships between 1972 and 1974.

Blue played in the majors from 1969 until 1986. He was a six-time All-Star and a three-time World Series champion.

R.I.P.

I updated this to the 2024 season....the wife and i went to the world series in Arizona where we now live, check that off the bucket list, was incredible!!.....we live in Surprise, spring training site to the Kansas City Royals and World Champions Texas Rangers.

Dave