Topic: Troy Redfern Band

Have to admit, I’m a sucker for hot, slide guitar, and I’ve seen a fair share just this last month, then this new guy comes along and blows my head. I’d swear, Troy Redfern is part alley-cat; half mischief, half menace; he doesn’t so much shout his blues as a low growl that makes you want to listen to his Backdoor Hoodoo. He and the band just explode on stage and carry you along until the only respite of the evening, Salvation, which just simmers menace, and that is cranked up by his ferocious take on the Blind Willie Johnson classic John the Revelator. Making up Troy’s power trio are former Freddie King & Paul Rogers bassman – Stuart McDonald and driving drumming from Alex Bridge; as formidable a backline as they come. Closing a powerful set, as Troy called it, “corny, but the reason we picked up the guitar”, a screaming take on Voodoo Chile..

This band really kick up the dust; recommend you get dirty with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhkJSOn … k0OaRg6u-j

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Troy Redfern Band

One of my top “finds” from 2015, Troy’s hitting the road in 2016; recommend you catch him if you can:-

Jan 22 The Booth w/ Troy Redfern Band,... Hereford,
   Feb 12 White Horse Clun Lydbury North,
   Feb 13 Hereford Blues Club Booth Hall Hereford,
   Feb 18 Blues in the Woodlands w/ Troy Redfern Band,... Gillingham,
   Feb 19 Broadstairs Blues Bash Broadstairs,
   Mar 05 Left Bank w/ Mick Ralphs Blues Band Hereford,
   Apr 30 Left Bank w/ Deborah Bonham Hereford,
   May 03 Tuesday Night Music Club Coulsdon,
   Aug 12 Farmer Phil’s Festival Shrewsbury,
   Aug 28 Bridgnorth Festival Bridgnorth,

I knew there was one there somewhere...…can't believe it got so far down (27pages!!)

So, since then, Troy release one of my favourite albums of 2018, Dirt Blues Ritual; became one third of RHR who released Mahogany Drift shortly after, (H being Jack J Hutchinson, the 2nd R being Mike Ross).

Announced yesterday, Troy Redfern will be [officially] releasing his new album This Raging Heart on Feb 26th; but if you can’t wait until then, he’s taking pre-orders on his website and will send out as soon as they come in; and he’ll even sign if asked. Or if you're really patient, you can  pick it up on the road as Troy will be touring with Wille & The Bandits through Feb & March.

Looking forward to this one…...

Newcastle Cluny - 6th March..
So anyone who likes their slide guitar hot, mean and bluesy had a veritable feast last night in Toon down at the Cluny.
First serving was the incendiary Troy Redfern, lean, mean, blues-rockin’ machine, clad in black and looking like as well as playing like he shares some DNA with Earl Slick. With a backline like stampeding horses Troy dealt out some Backdoor Voodoo and exposed his Raging Heart as he swapped between Strat, Les Paul, the beloved Silvertone and battered National Steel in a too rare in these parts, frentic set.

TROY REDFERN
No stranger to the Cluny this guy. Hot off from winning Hard Rock Hell’s “Blues Artist of the Year” award and following hot on the heels of his recent singles “Come On,” “Gasoline,” “Sweet Carolina,” and “Mercy,” Troy Redfern’s current album, “The Wings of Salvation” has fast become the critics’ favourite and best-selling album to date.
After releasing an unprecedented six albums in just under two years, Troy’s new album “The Wings of Salvation,” is being hailed as his most compelling work to date. The album highlights Redfern’s powerfully edgy vocal delivery, condensed song writing skills, tight arrangements, complimented by his trademark “firebrand” slide guitar playing, giving him the moniker of Britain’s King of Slide Guitar.

THE COMMONERS
Possessing a sound tapped from the oaken belly of a whiskey barrel, The Commoners hail from Toronto, Canada. Nurturing their distinctive blend of blues, rock and roots, the Commoners accentuate their signature sound with high-energy riffs, soulful vocals, and rich harmonies that takes the listener on a journey through a Southern-style rock experience. Their sophomore album “Find A Better Way,” grabs your full attention from the first note.
The opening lines, “If I scream at the top of my lungs and stamp my feet ’till the floor comes undone,” immediately triggers the wild ride that follows.  Reminiscent of highly respected bands like Free, Blackberry Smoke, Black Crowes and Rival Sons, The Commoners have crafted an authentic collection of unforgettable songs that strike the perfect balance between old and new.

Troy Redfern / The Commoners Co-Headline April 2023 UK Tour
London, The Grace
Thursday 13 April 2023

Sittingborne, The Bourne Music Club
Friday 14 April 2023

Southampton, The Joiners
Saturday 15 April 2023

Komedia Brighton
Monday 17 April 2023

The Greystones, Sheffield
Tuesday 18 April 2023

Oxford, The Bullingdon
Thursday 20 April 2023

Bristol, The Louisiana
Friday 21 April 2023

Birmingham, The Asylum 2
Saturday 22 April 2023

Newcastle, The Cluny
Sunday 23 April 2023

Edinburgh, The Voodoo Rooms
Monday 24 April 2023

Glasgow, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut
Tuesday 25 April 2023

Manchester, Night & Day
Wednesday 26 April 2023

York, The Crescent Community Venue
Thursday 27 April 2023

Chester, The Live Rooms
Friday 28 April 2023

Nottingham, The Bodega
Saturday 29 April 2023

Newcastle Cluny - 23-4-23

The Planet Rock double header of Troy Redfern and Canadian rockers The Commoners have just blazed through and raised the roof. Troy is with his band and really enjoying this tour, playing better than ever in a way the embodies all the cool genes from Ronnie Wood, and then some. We know he's pretty handy with a Resonator, but the new Teisco is just dirrrrty.... And from the songs he dropped, several are from an album due later in the year, and he's still on a roll.

Oxford; All Night Long - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYTONPbACIk
Oxford: Down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkeyHpx19VI
London: Scorpio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKqW03TwLQ

Set List: -All Night Long: Sweet Carolina: Come On: Get Away: Dark Religion: Native; Down; Scorpio; The Fever;  The Strange; Waiting For Your Love; Sanctify.

New single from Troy - Getaway dropped today; in time for the dates next month with Philip Sayce. This is a classic Redfern snarler...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQWSQQCxWIM

Hot on the heels of the Getaway single release, Troy has started a crowdfunding campaign through Kickstarter for his next album - Invocation.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr … e=hs_email

Less than 24 hours (on posting) and already at 80%

Stop-press: -  target smashed in 9 hours....   29 days (15hrs) remain to grab some exclusive, limited editions & bundles.

Newcastle Cluny 21-11-23

Hotly anticipated gig last night, over at the Cluny; first time in almost a decade for me catching Philip Sayce with, cherry-on-the-cake, Troy Redfern supporting. Two very different guitar-beasts, though equally intense in their delivery. And talk about a "packed house".... It may not have been quite sold out when they opened the doors, but if anymore came through while Mr Sayce was on stage, they'd have had to relocate to a bigger venue. AND that was a TUESDAY night!!!!

Getting the ball rolling was a solo Troy Redfern; not my first time catching Troy in this format, it's always a treat. He came on and really wrested the first 2 songs out the Resonator (Waiting For Your Love: Get Away) before switching to his 1932 Dobro, for Dark Religion, and don't think it's age saved it from similar treatment, he really made it bark and howl. Quick change again, this time the Silvertone for  NATIVE, before finishing the string-punishing set, back on the Resonator:  Where The Sun Don't Shine; Sweet Carolina; Sanctify. That gave us a well selected run through most of Troy's back-catalogue, to whet the appetites of those who hadn't seen him before.