Topic: Anyone here any more?

Hi Ron
Here just wondering if anyone posts here any longer. I missed the friendship and close fan Conner of this forum. Oh well thing change not sure for the better. What’s important Joe is kicking **** wherever he goes.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Re: Anyone here any more?

Hi, I am a new member of the forum but very much here anytime you want to chat x

There’s a few of us still here, things tend to pick up when Joe is touring or releasing new music.
Unfortunately it’s the RIP thread which has seen the most activity recently.

Lester…

cindyron wrote:

Anyone here any more?

No tongue.

Lester wrote:

There’s a few of us still here, things tend to pick up when Joe is touring or releasing new music.
Unfortunately it’s the RIP thread which has seen the most activity recently.

Lester…

I'm glad Lester is now the spokesman for this forum and noting my RIP thread represents all that's left here.  I recall some idiot posting here about "what's the best album by Joanne Shaw Taylor?". I believe two people responded yet the poster never bothered to respond back.  That's why the crowd has left here.
If it wasn't for BansheeUK there'd be no reason to spend time here.  Oddly, JB has been making headway in his career of late, but he's unfortunately gaining a bunch of non-fans.

Thanks Curby.
Whilst I don’t credit myself with being the spokesperson for this forum, I do like to respond to posts when I can.

Lester…

Just sliding by to say hello. All is well in NE Florida. We love it here.

Too old friends, thank you for the times we shared. It was a lot of fun sharing experiences together!!

Number and email is still the same.

Be Safe

8 (edited by Curby 2024-01-24 15:35:38)

Spider wrote:

Just sliding by to say hello. All is well in NE Florida. We love it here.

Too old friends, thank you for the times we shared. It was a lot of fun sharing experiences together!!

Number and email is still the same.

Be Safe

There's a few, Spider, still around, but I think a bunch have moved to other platforms.  It's was nice seeing your post.  This was once a pretty hopping sight.  Joe's doing pretty good, but the blues genre has really dropped off the last few years.

9 (edited by Lester 2024-01-26 17:21:34)

Yes, unfortunately it’s very quiet on here nowadays.
There was an opportunity to ‘update’ the forum a few years ago but that idea was shot down, ironically by persons who have now moved on.
Thanks, Spider for dropping by.

Lester…

Lester wrote:

Yes, unfortunately it’s very quiet on here nowadays.
There was an opportunity to ‘update’ the forum a few years ago but that idea was shot down, ironically by persons who have now moved on.
Thanks, Spider for dropping by.

Lester…

What happened 3 years ago?  I missed it due to hospital gigs.

Think it was more than 3 yrs ago they asked to upgrade the forum software
Somebody panicked was worried all the old posts would be lost,
That prevented any upgrade to this forum

But the main reason this forum has died as the “main man” (Joe Bonawho) doesn’t come here anymore
Think since around 2012.

So if the main man ain’t here, everyone left

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Think it was more than 3 yrs ago they asked to upgrade the forum software
Somebody panicked was worried all the old posts would be lost,
That prevented any upgrade to this forum

But the main reason this forum has died as the “main man” (Joe Bonawho) doesn’t come here anymore
Think since around 2012.

So if the main man ain’t here, everyone left

Good explanation Doug.  He answered or responded to a couple posts I made, but come to think of it it was years ago.  His participation here was mainly about himself or gear.
Maybe someday he'll just pull the plug.  Thanks again for the response.

13 (edited by Rogue 2024-01-28 13:42:25)

Hi Ron,

It's been a looonngg time since I logged on to this site.  The way time flies it's probably been at least 5 years.  You probably don't remember me but we met at a Joe concert I think in Columbus.  We live around Pittsburgh so I'm waiting for Joe to show back up there.  I see BarbieD is still around - a good thing.  But I don't see any signs of Suzy -  wonder where she's gone?  Goes to show what "oldtimers" we are! smile

Hi Rogue!

Yes, I'm still lurking and mostly just complaining about everything! big_smile

I've stopped chasing Joe around and have moved on to... TYLER BRYANT & THE SHAKEDOWN! They're getting all my money now and they come pretty cheap so that's a win for me and my pocketbook!

Hope all is well with you! Cleveland seems like a lifetime ago.

Rogue wrote:

Hi Ron,

It's been a looonngg time since I logged on to this site.  The way time flies it's probably been at least 5 years.  You probably don't remember me but we met at a Joe concert I think in Columbus.  We live around Pittsburgh so I'm waiting for Joe to show back up there.  I see BarbieD is still around - a good thing.  But I don't see any signs of Suzy -  wonder where she's gone?  Goes to show what "oldtimers" we are! smile

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Let's face it, the Forum's activity has been on the slide for quite a while now; even before the pandemic, which is kind of ironic, a time when folks should have pulled together more as a community to my mind.

Anyway, sad but true; but what's the cause? Well, JB no longer taking part on the site may well be a factor, whether he looks in or not is a question, it certainly seems he no longer signs in, but no doubt he'll be kept informed.

Certainly Social media has taken a fair slice; I don't count a large number of "friends" on Facebook, but I'm still in touch with a number of "lapsed" forumees. I know from previous forum experience, people's tastes change, they get bored, some get sick of in-fighting that sometimes occurs: there are health issues to take account of, and we're not always privy to what's going on in other people's lives.

As for the matter of updating the website, well, that's up to the admin team. I was there at the time, and at least they asked rather than dropping a further update on the site; remember it didn't always look like this, least not when I signed aboard. Losing old posts; again experience says that this is always a bone of contention. personally, losing a lot would be a bad thing as they make an informal history [of 21st century Blues]. If there is to be any sort of update in the future, it'll probably be closing the Forum down. Having checked, it looks like KWS had dropped his site forum, and I know there were a few names on there.

Meantime, let's just enjoy what we've got eh? Let's remember friends we have lost and welcome back old friends like Rogue and Spider

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Let's face it, the Forum's activity has been on the slide for quite a while now; even before the pandemic, which is kind of ironic, a time when folks should have pulled together more as a community to my mind.

Anyway, sad but true; but what's the cause? Well, JB no longer taking part on the site may well be a factor, whether he looks in or not is a question, it certainly seems he no longer signs in, but no doubt he'll be kept informed.

Certainly Social media has taken a fair slice; I don't count a large number of "friends" on Facebook, but I'm still in touch with a number of "lapsed" forumees. I know from previous forum experience, people's tastes change, they get bored, some get sick of in-fighting that sometimes occurs: there are health issues to take account of, and we're not always privy to what's going on in other people's lives.

As for the matter of updating the website, well, that's up to the admin team. I was there at the time, and at least they asked rather than dropping a further update on the site; remember it didn't always look like this, least not when I signed aboard. Losing old posts; again experience says that this is always a bone of contention. personally, losing a lot would be a bad thing as they make an informal history [of 21st century Blues]. If there is to be any sort of update in the future, it'll probably be closing the Forum down. Having checked, it looks like KWS had dropped his site forum, and I know there were a few names on there.

Meantime, let's just enjoy what we've got eh? Let's remember friends we have lost and welcome back old friends like Rogue and Spider

Bravo Mike!  It’s about time to end this thread.  I’m tired of negativity.

I'm still around, in part because I'm a geezer who doesn't do Facebook, Instagram, etc. This place is where I first encountered Joe's amazing fans, and although many of the friends I made here no longer seem active, they are not forgotten. And for those who are still around, please know that there are still a few of us out here who appreciate your contributions.

For my part, I will always post show reviews and set lists when I am able to catch Joe live, and of course I welcome any news the more connected of you can post here. Always glad to read reviews of Joe's latest recordings, too...

I've been on this forum for more than 13 years, and I don't plan to stop visiting any time soon! cool

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Thanks BansheeUK and BarbieD for the shout out.  Yeah, mighty quiet around here.  I hate Instagram and Facebook and subscribe to neither.  I think they suck the life out of a forum such as this.  Have to keep my eye on this site though - never know when Joe will announce a Pittsburgh show.  It's a bummer that we don't (at least I don't) get advance notice of reduced price ticket sales like we used to.