Topic: Joe Has Me Hooked

I'm an oldie (61) learning guitar and found Joe's Albert Hall Concert on YT. Needless to say I'm hooked. Blues Rock is my happy zone,and Joe's music makes every day a happy day smile

I'd love to be able to play some of his songs, but they are a distant dream. I am loving the guitar and Joe is an inspiration that keeps me pushing to reach each level.

I bought his lesson on TrueFire, and watch it just to hear him talk about his influences and his music. Even though I'm not at a level where I can attempt any I keep watching and practicing.

Joe, if you want to teach an old guy I'm a willing guinea pig LOL

Re: Joe Has Me Hooked

Carl,

Welcome to the forum!  My advice (it's worth what you paid for it) is to practice, practice, practice.  You are always at a level to attempt, so take one day at a time and you'll get to the place you want to be with your playing!

Chuck

Carl wrote:

I'm an oldie (61) learning guitar and found Joe's Albert Hall Concert on YT. Needless to say I'm hooked. Blues Rock is my happy zone,and Joe's music makes every day a happy day smile

I'd love to be able to play some of his songs, but they are a distant dream. I am loving the guitar and Joe is an inspiration that keeps me pushing to reach each level.

I bought his lesson on TrueFire, and watch it just to hear him talk about his influences and his music. Even though I'm not at a level where I can attempt any I keep watching and practicing.

Joe, if you want to teach an old guy I'm a willing guinea pig LOL

Welcome aboard, from someone of a similar vintage....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Hi Carl,

I was inspired to begin playing the guitar last year after discovering Joe's music through a friend (his name is Lewis and drives cars on Sundays, mostly quite fast).

I was given an Epiphone Les Paul model for a significant birthday with numbers 0 and 5, not necessarily in that order, so that gave me the impetus to start playing.

Good luck with it, please dont give up, I nearly have a few times. Keep going x

5 (edited by Carl 2023-01-17 06:13:23)

Thanks everyone smile

I'm having a blast learning and I'm afraid I have GAS now, as well as a fascination for Joe's music. I started with a little VOX Pathfinder, a ME-25 and a Ricky look alike (with double humbuckers).

But now things have reached a whole new level. smile

I have:

A Ricky lookalike
A Strat Custom with gold foil pickups, very P90 ish
A Reverend Trickshot
An Ibanex S621QM Dragon
A Boss ME-25
A Boss SD-1
A Sonicake Noise Gate
A Joyo Zombie MKII
A 1 x 12 Cab

The Joyo amp has allowed me to use tube tone, so I put the ME-25 in  the effects loop and use it just for Reverb/Delay etc. I have the Noise Gate and SD-1 into the front of the amp.

I'd love to post an picture, but I can't yet.