1 (edited by Kenny 2023-03-16 08:40:10)

Topic: Black Country Communion 2023/24

In a new interview with Andy Hall of the Des Moines, Iowa radio station Lazer 103.3, guitarist Joe Bonamassa spoke about the possibility of a fifth studio album with BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the band he formed with vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, THE DEAD DAISIES),drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, ALICE COOPER, BILLY IDOL). Joe said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "We have quite the group chat going right now. So we're gonna start — Glenn and I are gonna start working on writing some songs. We're just gonna get together in October, next month, and we're gonna start. And we're gonna see if we can get everybody's schedule lined up for next year and do another record. 'Cause I really miss those guys. And when we fire on all cylinders, there's nothing better."

Asked what it is about a "band situation" that appeals to him, considering he has spent most of his career as a solo artist, Joe said: "I like nothing more than to be a member of a band and playing guitar. I don't have to front it; I don't have to sing all the time. And it's a lot less pressure than being the front person. Being the person in front is a special skillset. You have to be an entertainer. You can't just sit up there and stare at your guitar and go, 'Wow. Look, I can play guitar pretty good.' That's not gonna fill the theater. You have to put on a show. And to put on a show requires being an entertainer. So being in a band, the sum of the parts is greater than the single entity. So this thing where Glenn co-fronts BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, I can just sit back and play rhythm guitar and watch him do his thing. He's a legend. And then conversely, Glenn doesn't have to sing all night; I'll sing three or four [songs]. So we kind of spread out the whole workload a little bit."

Re: Black Country Communion 2023/24

I hope something concrete happens this year, BCC rocks!

Would be great if something comes from the talks x

Kathytake2 wrote:

Would be great if something comes from the talks x

They have just been announced for Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea IX in March 2024.

From Glenn Hughes Facebook account yesterday;

“G’mornin’ everyone ☀️
We are starting up the BCC machine 
It’s time ⚡️
It’s in my blood to make music with my dear brothers Joe, Jason & Derek.
More details
Thank you for your love in this very busy year ahead.
I’m lookin’forward to seein’your Smilin’ lovin’ faces again
G”