1 (edited by Kathytake2 2023-05-18 06:41:15)

Topic: Jo Bo in Concert Bournemouth May 2023

Absolutely F ING fuming doesn't really come close. Have been wanting to buy tickets to see Joe for a while now. Tried online through the Ticket Master link sitting there for an f ing hour waiting then the site just closes FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *%k. It would be great to phone and talk to someone and buy a f*%£ ing ticket.

Anyone selling them at an inflated price is going to have their nostril hairs removed via their bum hole. And that's just a start.

I am so disappointed right now I feel a Pete Townsend moment coming on and smashing my guitar against a wall.

Mrs T not happy  - out

2 (edited by DougH 2022-09-29 11:40:22)

Re: Jo Bo in Concert Bournemouth May 2023

Yeah Ticket Master is a monopoly.
I've had tickets for pretty good seats and check out and site " crashes" and when you get back in, all the good seats are gone.

Funny you can then find the seats on places like StubHub and such.

Sad "fan presale code" are not anymore

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

3 (edited by Lester 2022-10-01 11:42:36)

Usually best to buy direct from venue if possible.
The major ticket agencies seem quite happy for secondary sites to purchase/sell tickets, often within days of them going on sale.
Unfortunately I don’t see this situation changing any time soon.

Lester

DougH wrote:

I still get emails with presale codes, and in fact that's how I got my ticket for his show in Omaha back in August.

On the Tour Dates link if you click on the Buy Tickets button next to most shows it takes you directly to those venues' websites, most of which will let you select seats for their face value price. I've been to thirteen Joe concerts and have never had to go through TicketMaster.

All that said, I am sorry Kathy has had such a difficult time of it, and I will hope that things improve for her down the road...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Well I worded it badly
I really meant they're out in the open for anyone to grab from social media.
Not exclusively for fans or fans signed up for email blast.
Spam bots can get them as easily as anyone else.
The email blast of codes I find are behind in arriving compared to what I've seen on Facebook.

Yes presales codes and links are available.
Yes the price is what's listed for that seat, whether its regular price or "premium " seat.
They're not a special fan price.

I found even 1min after opening the presales,  row A though L are long gone

Coach305 wrote:
DougH wrote:

I still get emails with presale codes, and in fact that's how I got my ticket for his show in Omaha back in August.

On the Tour Dates link if you click on the Buy Tickets button next to most shows it takes you directly to those venues' websites, most of which will let you select seats for their face value price. I've been to thirteen Joe concerts and have never had to go through TicketMaster.

All that said, I am sorry Kathy has had such a difficult time of it, and I will hope that things improve for her down the road...

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Thanks for the replies, guys, it means a lot. I will be trying again today, keep fingers crossed for me. Will be trying direct from venue as well as ticket site.

Update- tickets now purchased for see Joe in Bournemouth next year. I'm so excited I cannot believe it. I get to see the legend.

Kathytake2 wrote:

Update- tickets now purchased for see Joe in Bournemouth next year. I'm so excited I cannot believe it. I get to see the legend.

Woo hoo! Glad things worked out, and believe me when I tell you that the show will exceed your wildest imaginings. Joe always gives fans their money's worth...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

9 (edited by Lester 2022-10-07 05:23:07)

Hadn’t realised Joe was coming to the UK but I see the dates have now appeared on the main website.
Someone might like to amend the entry for Liverpool UK -  the Blackpool Opera House, (not surprisingly) is in Blackpool - not Liverpool.

It’s been changed now, the Opera House has been relocated to Blackpool.

Lester..

Lester wrote:

Hadn’t realised Joe was coming to the UK but I see the dates have now appeared on the main website.
Someone might like to amend the entry for Liverpool UK -  the Blackpool Opera House, (not surprisingly) is in Blackpool - not Liverpool.

It’s been changed now, the Opera House has been relocated to Blackpool.

Lester..

Well, you can kind of excuse some geographical hiccups; when Oli brown announced he was debuting his new project at Newark, apparently a lot of folk in New jersey got excited; it was really the UK one, not the NJ one. However, what would have me fuming is that we have Joe Bonamassa, Joe Satriani and Walter Trout, all playing within 10 miles of where I am, on the same night!

I'm just trying to think of the jam if they met up...

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Kathytake2 wrote:

See ya there, May 9!!

ayshazen wrote:
Kathytake2 wrote:

See ya there, May 9!!

See ya both there!!

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

I can report it was a really great night. My very first gig seeing anyone live, life long lover of music too, shameful lol.

Wow, Joe is loud !!! love it xxx Got to see him again now, Red Rocks would be an absolute dream xxx

Kathytake2 wrote:

I can report it was a really great night. My very first gig seeing anyone live, life long lover of music too, shameful lol.

Wow, Joe is loud !!! love it xxx Got to see him again now, Red Rocks would be an absolute dream xxx

Great way to break your duck!!!

While you're still "coming down", can I suggest you check out some of the bands listed on the Blues Cruise and have a think about heading along to catch them; you have some great venues in your part of the country...

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:
Kathytake2 wrote:

Great way to break your duck!!!

While you're still "coming down", can I suggest you check out some of the bands listed on the Blues Cruise and have a think about heading along to catch them; you have some great venues in your part of the country...

Wow, thanks for that ,will take a look x

We did send birthday cards to Joe which were supposed to have been in his dressing room before the show. Some kind of f up with security meant they didn't get there but we heard from Josh that he did get them eventually.

The audience sang Happy Birthday to him which I think he enjoyed, I'm glad Joe is a better singer than us x

We have Jools Holland playing a live gig in a theatre near us in December, considering going along to this now x

I’ve seen Jools live on two occasions, he’s great, thoroughly entertaining and usually has a sprinkling of guest acts on the bill.

Lester…