Re: R.I.P. Thread

RIP to Kevin L. a forum friend from many moons ago I never met in person. He and his wife will always be Bonafamily to me. Although they had been together for a long time before they wed, I will never ever forget the picture they had on the old fan site of them getting married wearing Joe Bonamassa shirts. Bonamatrimony. RIP Kevin and deep condolences to Janis. sad

I should add this one... sadly

David William Kearney, known as Guitar Shorty, was an American blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter. He was known for his explosive guitar style and wild stage antics. Credited with influencing both Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Guy, Guitar Shorty recorded and toured from the 1950s until the 2020s
Born: September 8, 1939, Houston, Texas, United States
Died: April 20, 2022, Los Angeles, California, United States

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

As closing down for the evening, just seen the news that Olivia Newton_John has lost her long battle with cancer, aged 73. Her legacy will always be as Sandy in Grease, before her album breakthrough Physical in the early 1980s.

Before all that though, she cut her teeth in the UK, coming from Australia in the 1960s and backing the likes of Cliff Richard & The Shadows (Olivia's voice is heard as "Marie" in the Shads' version of the hit "The Day I Met Marie". In the early 1970s, she worked wth fellow Aussie performer, writer & producer John farrar and had several country-tinged hits in the Uk charts before relocating Stateside and produced the American #1 I Honestly Love You. (Farrar also co-wrote several of the movie songs for Grease.)

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...

Sadness upon sadness, Lamont Dozier has died sad at 81.  Condolences and praises pouring out from all over the world, including Diana Ross (10 #1 HITS from Holland-Dozier-Holland), Smokey Robinson, Brian Wilson, Carole King…

The Great songwriters’ songs shall live on!!!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Woke up this morning to the sad news that one of my earliest sports heroes, Kansas City Chiefs QB and broadcaster Len Dawson, has passed away after a short time in hospice care. Lenny is one of the few people inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame twice, once as a player and once as a broadcaster.

One of my most indelible memories of Lenny was watching him call the plays in Hank Stram's famous "open huddle"...
https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4M … 601jpg.jpg

My local paper the Kansas City Star has a great write-up about him, as you would expect:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/k … 33391.html

One of the most iconic photos of Lenny was of him smoking a cigarette and drinking a Fresca on the sidelines during Super Bowl I:
https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/ … 192014.jpg

They called him Lenny the Cool. cool

Requiescat in pace.

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Sad news hearing about Queen Elizabeth’s passing.  She and my Mom shared the same name and born the same year.  A grand woman indeed!

Very sad news about our dear Queen.
Somehow you thought she’d go on for ever.
Seventy years in the top job, a life of service, carried out with dignity and grace.
RIP - you deserve it.

Lester…

Lester wrote:

Very sad news about our dear Queen.
Somehow you thought she’d go on for ever.
Seventy years in the top job, a life of service, carried out with dignity and grace.
RIP - you deserve it.

Lester…

We were stunned yesterday by the news. At 12:45, television broke the news that she was comfortable, and doctors were in attendance but at 6:30pm the news broke that she'd passed.
Today, you can feel a very subdued atmosphere.
Nothing more to add to Lester's comments.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...