1 (edited by Bill 2022-08-20 23:22:14)

Topic: Jones Beach Show 08.19.2022

What a Friday night at Jones Beach on Long Island!

1. Evil Mama
2. Dust Bowl
3. Love Ain't a Love Song
4. Midnight Blues
5. I Didn't Think She Would Do It
6. Just 'Cos You Can Don't Mean You Should
7. Curtain Call
8. The Heart That Never Waits
9. Notches
10. Mountain Time

Encore

11. Tea for One

Featuring Jason Bonham on drums with James Dylan on vocals. Jason sings in Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. It's unbelievable how much voice sounds like Robert Plant. He is an outstanding singer.

12. Crossfire

Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Chris Layton joined Joe on stage. I would've never ever imaged that I would be able to see Joe perform this song live. And just wow... Joe did a fantastic job on the vocals.

13. The House Is Rockin'

Another fantastic SRV song. KWS took the vocals on this one and did a great job.

You could tell Reese was having such a fun time playing along with Chris Layton!

Glad I was able to catch this one - Joe said this might become an annual event.

Bill

Re: Jones Beach Show 08.19.2022

@Bill sounds like a fantastic show

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Thanks Bill.
It had gone a bit quiet on the show reviews.
Don’t think Tea for One gets done  live very often so that was a treat.

Lester..

4 (edited by Rocket 2022-11-25 14:13:20)

BILL! cool cool cool I didn’t know you were there, although I should’ve figured you’d head over from ‘Jersey.  Sorry I missed seeing you, but I did get a HUGE surprise of seeing Eva and Ben, who were just a few rows behind me up front.  Pure JOY to see dear friends again!!! A GREAT show for sure and a big Thanks for the setlist.  I was actually going to post it myself, but I have been on the road on the go.  Joe’s voice was in fine form.  He rocked Long Island with his fiery fusillades and superbly stellar guitar all evening!  It was a real treat to hear Tea For One live uniquely performed as to seem like for the first time.  And you’re right, Bill, James Dylan sounded remarkably akin to Robert Plant.  It was a shame that there were a few bouts of feedback, luckily not very loud or long, but a shame nevertheless.  Overall the mix and sound were excellent.  Marci and I were rocking out the entire performance.  The only downer was not heading off to join Joe on this next Keeping The Blues Alive Mediterranean cruise.  sad …one of these days! smile

Great venue, great performance(s), great friends,    all make for another great and memorable JB roadshow!!!  I saw your Instgram posting also Bill, thanks again!  Sorry we did not meet at the crossroads!

The whole band were incredibly loose, yet superbly tight at the same time, believe it or not.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”