1 (edited by ahsmith33 2022-07-11 12:20:00)

Topic: Scotland here we come

Congrats to Trey Mullinax from beautiful Gardendale Alabama just north of where I live. Trey won the Barbasol Chanpionship in Kentucky yesterday for his very first pro win. I am so proud of him. He graduated from Univ of Alabama, was an All American and helped Alabama to national championships in 2013 and 2014. So yeah he was on those same teams that Justin Thomas played on. He went on into professional golf and earned his tour card shortly thereafter. He finished T9 at the US Open in 2017, very respectable.

But it was not an easy ride. He had a severe concussion in a car accident that took him a long time to recover from. As it turns out he was not in a car accident but instead was hit flush in the head by a golf ball gone astray.

His win yesterday at the Barbasol earned him the very last spot in The Open at St Andrews this week, one of the four major tournaments played once a year.

I don't expect him to do too much there this week but hey you never know, stranger things have happened in golf majors. It will be a total thrill for he and wife Abigail and their two kids. He can always say yes I played at St Andrews in The Open and if he never makes it back for another one he will always have this week of memories .............. Go Trey !!!

https://www.pgatour.com/daily-wrapup/20 … -hole.html

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

2 (edited by Rocket 2022-07-11 18:43:50)

Re: Scotland here we come

cool

Now THAT is awesome!  Congratulations! And best of luck to him!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Scotland here we come

Just an after note that Trey finished tied for 21st and took home a little over $121,000. Not too shabby for your first try ever. I think this will get him into next years Open at Royal Liverpool

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives