Re: Albums to lookout for in 2022

July 8th sees Journey release their first album in more than a decade and fifteenth in total, Freedom.: well makes a change from all the in-fighting.... Line-up is Neil Schon, Johnathon Cain, Narada Nichael Walden (drums) Randy Jackson on (bass) and third album with Ariel Pineda on vocals.

Also to look out for in July; Jeff Beck is releasing an album in collaboration with Johnny Depp. Before you get too excited though and expect another Beck-ola or Truth, lets just say that Mr Depp sounds more like an above average, Saturday night, open-mic night at the bar singer than he does Rod Stewart...

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

September 2nd - Jack J Hutchinson - What Doesn't Kill You EP

Blues-Rock guitarist Jack J Hutchinson unleashes his new studio recording, 'What Doesn’t Kill You', a 4 track EP mixed by legendary producer Kevin Shirley. The new EP marks the first studio recordings from Hutchinson since his critically acclaimed album 'The Hammer Falls' was released earlier this year. It includes new versions of three of the tracks from that album, plus the brand new song 'Days Of Thunder'.

Hutchinson comments: “To be given the opportunity to work with Kevin Shirley was a dream come true. He’s produced some of my favourite artists, including Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and The Black Crowes, so I jumped at the chance. We recorded the new material in the midst of my recent UK Tour, so me and the band were cooking from being back on the road. Kevin gave the tracks a new sense of energy and power.”

Accompanying the CD version of the EP is a bonus DVD, featuring ‘Behind the Scenes’ footage of the EP recording, plus 6 music videos from 'The Hammer Falls'. “It was fun watching the studio footage back. It captures the nuts and bolts of the songwriting process, and how some of these songs came together. The DVD acts as a nice companion piece to the new EP and also my latest studio album 'The Hammer Falls'.”

Limited CD/DVD set personally signed by Jack, plus free guitar pick

Tracklisting

CD:

1. What Doesn’t Kill You (Only Makes You Stronger)

2. Days Of Thunder

3. Down By The River

4. The Hammer Falls

DVD:

1. What Doesn’t Kill You (Only Makes You Stronger)

2. Halo

3. Call Of The Wild

4. Straight To Hell

5. The Hammer Falls

6. World On Fire

7. Rip It Up (Behind The Scenes)

Three-time GRAMMY®️ Award-nominated and BRIT Award-winning multi-platinum singer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist James Bay will release his highly anticipated third full-length album, Leap, on July 8th via Mercury/Republic Records.

40 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-06-20 10:46:13)

Cardinal Black have just launched a Kickstarter crowd-funding for their debut album hopefully later this year.

One day in and already over a third of the way toward their target (for the 19th July)...

Edit: 2 days in and the guys have smashed their £10,000 ($12,249) target - currently running at 200%

If you missed the Kickstarter campaign for Troy Redfern, then worry not. The campaign was very successful for Troy and the new album, The Wings of Salvation comes out on Sept 23rd: nip over to Troy's website to pre-order from a selection of goodies bundles, and get an idea of where and when he'll be on tour; prolific schedules....

Alice Cooper, as in "the original" Alice Cooper Group are putting out a unique Live performance album, Live From The Astroturf 0n Sept 30th... Cd comes with Blu-ray and DVD with vinyl.

Meanwhile, Southern rockers Whiskey Myers release new album Tornillo on July 29th via Wiggy Thump Records..

While this thread is "dedicated" to new releases, one re-issue to shout about is Dio's debut album, Holy Diver which is getting a 4Cd, super-deluxe make over for release on July 8th - 2 days before what would have been Ronnie's 80th birthday.

A hot tip from Jdog in Texas; which is strange as the band is actually Dutch.... July 22nd, look out for a release called The Mighty Delta of Time by the band Smoke. Hard to define, imagine a "Delta" Pink Floyd; swampy prog...

Motion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhKqQ5A1TA
Time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15CwBPJznw

BansheeUK wrote:

A hot tip from Jdog in Texas; which is strange as the band is actually Dutch.... July 22nd, look out for a release called The Mighty Delta of Time by the band Smoke. Hard to define, imagine a "Delta" Pink Floyd; swampy prog...

Very interesting group.  Hard to describe their sound other then they're darn talented.
I picked up this album tonight.  Kinda has a Nirvana vibe going on.  Can't tell they ain't from Louisiana.  Thanks Mike for the shout!  I'm liking the song "Bereft" the best so far,

Curby wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Very interesting group.  Hard to describe their sound other then they're darn talented.
I picked up this album tonight.  Kinda has a Nirvana vibe going on.  Can't tell they ain't from Louisiana.  Thanks Mike for the shout!  I'm liking the song "Bereft" the best so far,

This band needs its own thread, but that should come from someone else.  Anyhoo here's their music,,,,

https://youtu.be/3LbCh0h74HM

Another slight, rule-bending mention...

If, like me, you missed the 40th Anniversary re-master release of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick. then you're in luck as there's a 50th Annoverdsary release due in October.... Hooray!!!

If you already have the 40th anniversary release, then before you go mad and splash out; this is jut the 40th Anniversary re-packaged., it hasn't had [another] Steven Wilson re-working...

Laurence Jones is due to release his latest album, and 1st on new label Marshall on September 9th, title - Destination Unknown.

BansheeUK wrote:

Laurence Jones is due to release his latest album, and 1st on new label Marshall on September 9th, title - Destination Unknown.

Just listening to the single now - Anywhere With Me.

October 7th - New album from Queensryche (4th with Todd La Tome on vocals), Digital Noise Alliance.

October 14th - Postumous release of solo album from Big Big Train's David Longdon; Door One.

Word is that Philip Sayce is winding up the recording of a new album, so keep an eye/ear out at the end of the year.

Keep an eye out too for new release from Aynsley Lister - Along For The Ride - just awaiting release date.

I'll too be looking out for the new Aynsley release.  BansheeUK is pretty tight with team Lister and the comments he's leaked about the new album are ear candy to me.

52 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-09-07 07:23:35)

Due November 11th, look out for new album from Henrik Freischlader - "Recorded by Martin Meinschäfer II"

Always a treat to the ears...

Also, on the same day & same label (Cable Car), new release from Layla Zoe - The World Could Change

Looks like the Christmas rush is starting....

28th October sees a new release from Joanne Shaw Taylor - Nobody's Fool.

54 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-09-23 08:29:23)

Curby wrote:

I'll too be looking out for the new Aynsley release.  BansheeUK is pretty tight with team Lister and the comments he's leaked about the new album are ear candy to me.

Release date announced - November 11th