Topic: Can anyone answer a simple question?

How do I join the JB Fan Club? I've tried to find a way for quite some time. Please provide a link or a way to do this. It seems like there's exactly zero information on how this gets done any place, yet trying to buy pre-sale tickets list it as an option. Somebody MUST have information on this, why is it such a big mysterious secret?? smile I'm sure people want to be part of Joe's fan club who are having the same issue I am.

2 (edited by DougH 2022-05-10 12:23:32)

Re: Can anyone answer a simple question?

The "fan club " is basically no longer.
Pre-sale codes used to be posted here first long ago, but no more .

You can try sign up for JB newsletter,  they do email codes from time to time
https://jbonamassa.com/newsletter/2022-18/index.html

But typically not it time.

Your best bet is to follow Joe on Facebook,  they post them there when available

Jane posted this link in another thread
https://jbonamassa.com/2022-us-fall-tour/

If your show isn't listed keep checking as they update as shows are released

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

to add to what Doug said, yeah, I'm not sure of anything official that was called fan club exactly. we did have a street team but that hasnt been active for a long time

I do know they want folks to sign up for the emails which include the newsletter Doug provided the link for.
it recognizes me as having already signed up but for others it should give a spot to put your email address and thats signs you up and you can download a digital album.

i do know there are various unofficial Joe b fan club pages on facebook
i also know there is a lot of effort to get fans of Joe and other artists to sign up for unofficial things, mostly to try to sell tickets or what not so if you are seeing something that claims to be of or from Joe be careful
if it is something official you see please be more specific and maybe we can help get the link fixed or the email signup more obvious

here is what the sign up button on the main site takes you to.
https://content.jbonamassa.com/JBFreeAlbumodl.html

you will get approximately a million emails about the official store merchandise but that is the way to get the first info about tour dates and presale ( i think on Joe's facebook too but i dont keep up with that)

I have been on Joe's email list for quite some time. The link to buy tickets for the fall sale, from the official JB mailing list email, directs to a livenation site for purchasing. Sorry, this forum does not allow posting links, and I can only add hosted images not attachments to the forum post. If you get the email, it's as simple as clicking. It is titled 2022 Fall Tour Pre-Sale - Get the Best Seats Now!

This makes one believe there IS a JB Fan Club. I saw this on previous ticket sales when tour dates were announced as well, like the spring tour. It just seems crazy that people say there isn't one, yet the official link to the so-called official ticket sales site says there is. Please note this IS clicking the link directly from Joe's email to buy tickets now, not going off to some obscure Joe's Fans facebook site or whatever.

This image asking for a pre-sale code and indicating the existence of a JB Fan Club comes right up on the page and you cannot proceed during the first 48 hours if you do not have this code. Either someone is just calling it a JB Fan Club and it's really not, or there is actually one, and seems like nobody has any info about it (?).

Thanks for the further explanation. I understand how confusing that is. It really just means the email list then. and if you got the email from JnR with the links to the tickets, the codes are in there. The links to tickets from there will be different dpending on the venue. not all are livenation. i think maybe its a venue ticketing thing that is indicating there is a club, like they call it joe B. fan club presale? or even just fan pre-sale. The intent from JnR is to give true fans the first chance at good seats but its sort of impossible so this is the best it can be from all we have tried to figure. we have discussed here, just amongst us fans, what other artists do and how can it be better and beyond one or two ideas, paying for some sort of early access to tix sales has been the only thing can think of and that is not desirable  so its not happned yet.
Because of scalpers and scammers they dont give them out too early but it has always been available the morning of pre-sale. We don't even get much heads up before so either.
We used to be very cautious about posting them here as well, again due to scalpers and scammers but in recent years we do post them here since JnR posts them on facebook etc and to anyone who signs up for the emails. The emails seem to go out at different times too. I have a couple emails signed up and its odd how one will get the email hours before another. but this is the place to ask if you are in need. we help how we can

so I'm not sure why its referred to as fan club but there isn't any club just the email list. Believe me, I'd be in it if there was an official Joe fan club. unless you had to pay lol

anyhow this is a club here in a way. Welcome to the club big_smile
no bozo buttons are given out or sold but if you look hard enough or want to ask I can provide a link to a youtube of joe's song Blues for Bozo that he did for a children's album. its got a special place in my heart.

for what its worth i clicked the link on my phone and i see that it doesnt say 'code' on any of them but on my PC it has a column that says "code"
so the mumbo jumbo words on each show are the code for that show
https://jbonamassa.com/2022-us-fall-tour/

my question for you now is, how did you find the forum big_smile
because for all i know they took the link off the main site so if you didn't already know we were here its hard to find

Jane H. wrote:

for what its worth i clicked the link on my phone and i see that it doesnt say 'code' on any of them but on my PC it has a column that says "code"
so the mumbo jumbo words on each show are the code for that show

my question for you now is, how did you find the forum big_smile
because for all i know they took the link off the main site so if you didn't already know we were here its hard to find

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that they seem to be advertising a JB Fan Club that doesn't actually exist, and misleading people. It doesn't sit well with me that someone is doing that and making a stain on Joe's great rep.

I signed up here on August 8, a day before going to see Joe at Red Rocks, great show! I've bought a lot of cool goodies off the site including the Lazarus limited 300-run signature Epiphone and a bunch of T-Shirts smile Joe is coming to Phoenix and I live in Mesa so was just trying to get some pre-sale tickets for better seats when I go.

8 (edited by Lester 2022-05-12 04:32:11)

Good luck getting the tickets you want.
Don’t believe any artists have what used to be known as a Fan Club nowadays, think the internet and social media put paid to all that.
The Street Team topic should probably be deleted from the forum as I don’t believe it exists any more.

Enjoy the show.

Lester…

since none of Joe's fall dates are anywhere me.. I 'ignored' the email I received.. just sat in my In bucket
(his facebook page is still faster to get the pre-sale codes than waiting on an email blast)

It's titled "Fall Pre-Sale  Get the best tickets now"
not titled fan pre-sale..

good luck with even using the codes..
my experience is that he's so popular now , and quite possibly Ticket Master locking seats down.. you'll be really luck to get row 10 centre

side note.. Joe for many years has favored stage right over stage left..
haven't seen him since before pandemic, so not sure if he's changed.. but doubt it.. I'd look for tickets to 'stage right of centre'

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Thanks smtips.
I was wondering how you found the forum. I have forgotten how long it had been but i thought they had removed the forum link on the main site before August. No matter. I've had it come up on Joe internet searches so perhaps thats how, or maybe im wrong about the link.

Anyway yeah I get what you are saying but I don't think are intentionally trying to mislead.
Good luck with tickets. I have been able to get pretty good seats up front on presale but not always. Sometimes when it first opens for sale and there is a rush for tickets, some get hold up as they hold them for a few minutes while you complete the process. I have found that sometimes after ten minutes, close seats that weren't available at the start then are available.
I'm talking at the regular price not the premium ticketmaster seats. Just mentioning...it doesn't always work but for instance the one time tenth row or so was closest i could find then a few minutes later was able to score third. Other times I have had the ticket site mess up while ordering and lost ones i thought i had secured etc.
nevertheless the presale has been good for me for the most part.

Also, as moderator, I can't remove the street team topic but I did just manage to move all the topics in the street team section to old topics. I'll make an info post there and keep an eye on it. I agree Lester, that has been misleading as well. I tend to want to keep the historic posts so I saved them in old.