Re: My Next Concert (s)

Yes, last quarter of 2021 is the target date. Eric played here in Birmingham AL last Thursday and we got to hang out with he and LaDonna for a while after the show. He confirmed that they put it off this long in order to better promote it with some concerts and such. So it wasn't really a surprise when Eric guested at Joe's concert in Huntsville AL on 4/3. I think he said the name of it will be I Want My Crown, or something close to this. I'm waiting patiently, tapping my toes the entire time. So I have very little patience when it comes to new music from Eric or Joe. It should be epic top to bottom.

Raiderman wrote:
ahsmith33 wrote:

wish I could be there but I guess it's still quite iffy ? Plus I am not getting on a plane for any reason. I suppose you can check with Grand Central a little closer to the scheduled date

Does anyone know when Eric's new release with Joe producing is due out ? I can't find anything about it

https://www.ericgalesband.com/tour-schedule

Last I saw it was to be out OCT 2020 and nothing...  I wonder if it's done or what.  They have been working on it for over 2 years...

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

2,090 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-03-25 10:34:56)

Well after Ben Poole & Guy Smeets last night; I think I dare start using this thread again.... touch wood!

Feb 11th - Connor Selby @ Darlington Forum (three years in the waiting to catch Conor)

March 17th - Rebecca Downes @ Darlington Forum

March 18th - Kiki Dee @ Reeth; Memorial Hall (this has been put back twice already, so hope 3's a charm)

April 2nd - Dan Petlansky @ Newcastle; Cluny

That's as far as I'm sticking my neck out for now.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Missing King King in Glasgow tomorrow so my next one is :

Kris Barras (Aberdeen) 19 March  then
Eric Gales / Danny Bryant (Glasgow) 1 April

After checking in with Curby, very tempted to give Left Lane Cruiser a try at The Cluny on the 23rd Feb

Joe Bonamassa - Greenville, SC - March 5, 2022

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

March 24th @ Newcastle Riverside - The Coral 20th Anniversary of debut album release Tour

King King this Saturday in my home town Aberdeen. First time seeing them with Stevie Nimmo in the band.

2,096 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-04-02 03:41:31)

Newcastle Cluny; 2nd April - Dan Patlansky + Arielle
Newcastle Cluny: 3rd April - Morganway

Eric Gales / Danny Bryant - 1 April
Simple Minds - 5 April
Morganway - 6 April
Joe - 20 April (Glasgow)

8-4-22:  Sari Schorr @ Darlington Forum

Chantel McGregor @ Darlington Forum - 29-4-22

Going to see The Main Squeeze this Saturday at the Bluebird nightclub in Bloomington, Indiana.
Plans for the August concert a little uncertain.  I ain’t going to miss seeing them.
Btw, they have been across the pond in the past.  Covid has been the roadblock.

Curby wrote:

I've given some contacts a "nudge"....

I am one freakin happy camper. My son has agreed in principle to take me to see TMS on May 4 here in Birmingham at Ghost Train Brewing. They have ample seating, and have a shyteload of craft beers most of which I have not tried   

Curby wrote:

Going to see The Main Squeeze this Saturday at the Bluebird nightclub in Bloomington, Indiana.
Plans for the August concert a little uncertain.  I ain’t going to miss seeing them.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

I am one freakin happy camper. My son has agreed in principle to take me to see TMS on May 4 here in Birmingham at Ghost Train Brewing. They have ample seating, and have a shyteload of craft beers most of which I have not tried   

Curby wrote:

Any chance he can swing over by the UK? And I'll buy the beers....  wink

Sad to report I won’t be at the TMS show tonight.   Couldn’t find someone to go with me on short notice and it being Easter weekend.
Pretty bummed.

2,105 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-04-22 08:24:07)

This one is a month or so away and I've got a couple other earlier dates squeezed in, but thought I'd better give this one a special shout.

The band is called His Lordship and is a collaboration between James Walbourne (The Pretenders, The Rails, The Pogues, amongst others) and drummer/vocalist Kris Sonne, (who has an equally impressive c.v.).

Curby and I have talked about James & his work in the past, and while he's hard to pin down to any one style, he can certainly pin back your ears (listen to any Pretenders album from the last decade...

They'll be touring a 6 track EP, His Lordship Plays Rock'n'Roll; Vol.1 "A one take collection of rock ‘n’ roll covers, which came together in one evening after a long day of recording original songs. Deciding to let loose, they kept the tape rolling and recorded a set of rock’n’roll tunes they love to play. They didn’t even rehearse them. The finished EP is a first take 15 minute set of Stuff They Like. Gene Vincent, Jack Scott, Link Wray and The Killer." But you can bet, if the vibe is there, it'll be a jumpin' night.

For the UK, the tour:-
MAY 18 - WED - Brighton, The Prince Albert
MAY 19 THU - Huddersfield, The Parish
MAY 22 SUN - Newcastle upon Tyne, The Cluny & The Cluny 2
MAY 23 MON - Manchester, Night & Day Cafe
MAY 24 TUE - London, 100 Club
MAY 25 WED - Guildford, The Boileroom
MAY 26 THU - Norwich, Voodoo Daddy's Rock 'n' Roll Pizza Joint and Showroom
MAY 27 FRI - Folkestone, The Chambers
MAY 28 SAT - Harlow, Burnt Mill Snooker & Social Club

JUN 17 - JUN 19 SUN Black Deer Festival 2022 James, Jake Bugg, Imelda May, Foy Vance, Shovels And Rope
Tunbridge Wells, Eridge Deer Park Estate

I am making a trip across the pond to see 2 nights of Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs in Austin on 30 April and 1 May. Going to be real strange getting on a plane again on this postponed trip from last year.