Topic: Albums to lookout for in 2022

Now that we're talking about the best that 2021 had to offer; always a good chance to catch up on those missed treasures; I thought it might be an idea to give a heads-up on what's heading out in the next 12 months.

Kris Barras - Death Valley Paradise
Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene  (26th Jan: the 1st under the Tull Banner since 2003's Christmas Album, or 1999's Tull.Com for new material)
Elles Bailey - Shining In The Half Light (25th Feb)
Dan Patlansky - Shelter of Bones (25th Feb)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Albums to lookout for in 2022

Eric Gales new album
I am curious on the new Tull. Not sure what to expect as for the direction  it will be.
I know there must be a couple more not mentioned yet.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Eric Gales for sure
Steve Vai's new album Inviolate is coming out pretty early in 2022 as well

Beth Hart, 22 Feb 2022.
Album of Led Zep covers.

Lester..

Eric's new one 'Crown' will be available tomorrow night at 11:00 PM CST on Spotify. I would like to buy it but have no way to play it except at work on my computer. I cannot listen to any music at home, my son took the PS3 when he moved into his new house. I might buy a copy anyways just in support of Eric and Joe. I feel like it will be exceptional just from the first two they released

ZeyerGTR wrote:

Eric Gales for sure
Steve Vai's new album Inviolate is coming out pretty early in 2022 as well

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Eric will also have the premiere of the video for 'Stand Up' on Friday morning at 9:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJHLkLOFEVA

I’m really looking forward to Dan Patlansky’s album coming the end of Feb. I’ve been enjoying the first single “Hounds Loose”

BansheeUK wrote:

Now that we're talking about the best that 2021 had to offer; always a good chance to catch up on those missed treasures; I thought it might be an idea to give a heads-up on what's heading out in the next 12 months.

Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene  (26th Jan: the 1st under the Tull Banner since 2003's Christmas Album, or 1999's Tull.Com for new material)

I am listening to all of The Zealot Gene right now. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the title track, it's just OK for me but maybe if I listened to the lyrics again I would catch on to it. Mrs Tibbets and Jacob's Tale are both pretty good by me, next up is Mine is the Mountain. I believe Mr Anderson still has it

BansheeUK wrote:

Get yer bank cards out and ready…

Eric Johanson is dropping a double-live “bootleg” album on 18th February; just a month after he laid it down at DBA, New Orleans on 15th Jan. Recorded from the stage mics and mixed by the man himself and done as a “nod” to fans who have stuck with, despite missing all the cancelled and rescheduled shows (and on this side of the pond, a slice of “live” action.

Pre-orders taken now on Eric’s website, and a chance to pre-order a snazzy new t-shirt to go with….

Lester wrote:

Beth Hart, 22 Feb 2022.
Album of Led Zep covers.

Lester..

I am sure she will do a great job with the covers. I am getting to the  point of not buying cover albums in general as I find  after a few listens the novelty wares off.
  However if it was just going to see  a live show l would  be all over it. Its the repeatability factor for me.

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:
Lester wrote:

Beth Hart, 22 Feb 2022.
Album of Led Zep covers.

Lester..

I am sure she will do a great job with the covers. I am getting to the  point of not buying cover albums in general as I find  after a few listens the novelty wares off.
  However if it was just going to see  a live show l would  be all over it. Its the repeatability factor for me.

I feel the exact same way. I think she'd do it as well as it could be done, but I don't see myself listening to that kind of album over and over. She is incredible live though.

12 (edited by Curby 2022-02-10 00:58:44)

I saw the Blues Approved album cover first an was intrigued.  Who was Sam Moss?  Turns out he was a legend regionally in North Carolina back in the day.  He never got around to doing a meaningful recording until a couple years ago some analog tapes were uncovered 13 years after his passing.  The songs are ambitious and very tied to the time period they were recorded in 1977.  Sam was more than a decent singer and picker.  The songs on the album were mostly one take and have a live feel to them.

https://youtu.be/KHsdhwp7IX8

https://youtu.be/980dQIx7alI

13 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-02-17 07:32:41)

Brothers Landreth are releasing a new full-length album, Come Morning on May 13th via Birthday cake records & Source Music.

Lead-off single Stay available now.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1zCuOyxjLA

I found four new ones in just the last week ............. Robin Trower, Bernard Allison, Slash 4 with Myles Kennedy, and Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs. I think it's gonna be a good year folks

ahsmith33 wrote:

I found four new ones in just the last week ............. Robin Trower,

- 29th April

Albert Cummings is releasing this spring.
April 8
And looking forward to the  new Trower.
His last several albums  have been good.
Just dont expect Bridge of Sighs part 2

Your rock candy baby

I will add the Lewis Taylor release to my list for later this year. This will be his first in 17 years

No word as yet on eventual release date/s but word is Alice Cooper is working on 29the & 30th albums simultaneously...

Also, rockers Thunder will be releasing new album Dopamine on 29th April - their first ever Double...