Re: Big announcement tomorrow - (edit) new album Time Clocks !!!

Disappointed Target didn't have it, but not really a surprise if they didn't have a deal for a bonus edition. The CD section is pretty slim these days, although I was happy to see they had the new Iron Maiden album.  I'll have to pick up Time Clocks online like the rest of the world...

38 (edited by whirlwind 2021-10-30 08:03:10)

I gave it a listen with headphones and a couple cocktails......amazing stuff.
Questions and Answers....The Heart That Never Waits.....Curtain Call....Hanging On A Loser
The whole album is very engaging to me.  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

In trying to wrap my  thoughts  and feelings about this album.
On initial listen I think it is a very high quality album from a production standpoint.
I can see why Kevin Shirley was talking it up so highly. The songwriting and playing are top notch as always.
    When the initial chatter out of Joes camp came out about the “type” or theme of this album they mentioned a New York subway album. I envisioned a more stripped down hard rockin type of album. This is more introspective and orchestral.
    I can appreciate the album and am trying
to get used to it as it just feels different overall. Not in a bad way. I do think its  going to grow on me the more I listen to it.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I picked this up this afternoon.  Local record store had one copy (a few bucks more there, but it's a great shop and I want them to be around for a long time).  I was actually on the fence about this release for a while.  I was a bit burned out on Joe's music, Target didn't have it, I wasn't in love with 2 of the 3 singles released, and neither Royal Tea nor Redemption connected with me as much as I thought they would...

I'm glad I took the extra effort to pick up Time Clocks.  First listen all the way through, I'm thinking it's his best record since Blues of Desperation.  It's killer.  Notches has grown on me over the last few months, having listened a few times, and the songs I hadn't heard yet have all made a great first impression. Curtain Call, Mind's Eye, etc.  The Heart That Never Waits is awesome.
I'm definitely looking forward to give it a few more spins... loudly in the car. Really enjoying it so far.

So far thats close to how I am feeling too ...really have to take the time to listen more intently, although sometimes not listening intently brings up different observations. I'm planning to go back and listen to all Joe's recordings in a row or at least all soon so I can wrap my head around my thoughts more. I always say the stupidest things based on stupid personal expectations and it clouds my ability to be objective i think. A lot of times I don't focus on the music parts at first. I relate to the lyric themes so much.
I listened to the Joe and Caveman interview again. I think Joe said The Heart That never Waits is his fave. Thats on  my list of faves and Curtain Call as well. Caveman is partial to Mind's Eye...I like it but need some more time with it. Caveman also started to say something like he likes the first 6 songs then he kind of backtracked and said he Likes them all...curious what his thoughts are about the back half since a few of those are my faves so far. It was also interesting listening to them discuss the song "finishing" process and like THTNW was first maybe going to be on Royal Tea but it ended up on Time Clocks and was actually more fitting. I love learning about their processes like that.

I have listened to this album a lot, after a bunch of listening, I realize that it really is amazing.
The song writing is superb and Joe's voice is so much better these days. Then there is, well you know smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

the album is definitely growing on me...no songs i've wanted to skip
one of these days i'll figure something specific to say
many of them are quite catchy...like notches
got me wanting to think of something to put a notch in after each Joe show big_smile

I think the new album is very good.  I've really come to appreciate the backround singers.  He is currently playing Notches in concert, and hope he adds a couple more from this album when his tour resumes Novermber 19th.  My top vote of song to add would be The Loyal Kind.

The Heart that Never Waits is killer also.

"Time Clocks" is #1 Blues album on Billboard https://www.instagram.com/p/CWE1IYsvsQW/

Now that I have had more “time” with Time Clocks it has been a grower for me.
I have to be in the right mood to listen to Time Clocks and Minds Eye. So those tracks I have come to appreciate.
  This does seem alot different than past albums. I believe thats a very good thing as too much of the same hets boring.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky