Topic: Curby 2019

Dear fellow music lovers,

About two months ago I pretty much signed off from the forum due to health issues that were the result of an automobile accident in late May 2017.  I was rear ended by pickup truck that took out the tissue/cartilage in my right knee and damaged my upper back.  Later that year I developed A Fib that required blood thinners to control.
I managed to avoid surgery for over a year on my knee, but when I had my TKR (Total Knee Replacement) the blood thinners caused severe swelling and has slowed my recovery.
My love of music has taken a back seat these days due to my rehab which is progressing fairly well.  They put me on powerful pain killers that I still have to take, but I'm now on a milder one.
My overall health has improved and my goal is to play golf again with my Son in the Spring.  Please wish me well.

I still keep up with the forum although I don't have much to report.  I wish everyone a very happy new year and good luck hearing great music.

Re: Curby 2019

really good to hear from you but I had no idea you were in an accident. We have missed you and the music you have posted previously here. I hope that the recovery continues to progress, to be playing golf again is a great goal. Stick with it and give us an update again soon, know that we are hoping and praying for you

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Curby, so good to hear from you and appreciate your update.  Best of luck during your rehab.  We all wish you well!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Wishing you the best and good luck with the recovery. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hi Curby, so glad to hear good news. Wishing you well and sending good thoughts and vibes. Miss your posts, please say something here once in a while. Good luck with everything and let's take it one day at a time.

Glad to see you back. Sad to hear of the adverse health issues. My prayers for your recovery and golf with your son.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I wish you a full recovery as quick as possible.Thanks for sharing with us.Hopefully some good new music will help your mental attitude as well. As I find good music can make a positive metal impact on my day.
  Such a tragedy to have your life be impacted by an accident like that.That scares me as I am in the road all day for my work.
But I would bet you will get back into it (music) soon.
  Look forward to you being here whether just to read or participate.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Wishing you well, ol' friend

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Very happy to see your Name up in the Actives over the weekend ... but sorry to hear about your accident and subsequent road to recovery.  Glad to read your healing is moving forward for you.

Thanks for Posting up ... you have been responsible for me discovering music ... new ... and old ... that opened my ears ... and thus my soul. Thank you.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Wow Curby, im wishing you the best, hang in here, your one my main dudes i count on for fresh artist.

Curby you still have the coolest avatar on the forum. I love that album and I would trade all the gear I have ever owned for that Martin he's playing. I would have to I'm sure. Nice to see you recovering and hope all continues to improve.

12 (edited by BansheeUK 2021-07-28 05:15:23)

Should really update this thread title to Curby 2021...

Curby doesn't seem to have been on the Forum much lately - then again which of us has, as much as we used to? However, I've been in regular touch over the past few months, and he does assure me that he still looks in from time to time.

However, recently he's been having heart problems which have gotten pretty acute and so later today he goes in for surgery. I'll probably get it in the ear for blabbing, but I know he'll get a great lift knowing his old buddies are thinking of him.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

13 (edited by Curby 2021-08-21 15:00:56)

Update,

Sorry I've been gone so long.  I was in the hospital for six weeks went by ambulance from Evansville to Indianapolis for open heart surgery,  I got out a week ago and have begun a grueling therapy regimen.
They put in a LVAD device so my heart is mostly Bionic.  My wife calls it Darth.

I've not listened to much much music except Scotish instrumental songs that Mike knows of and a little Billy Strings.
Thanks for any prayers, I could use any support.

Oh yeah...I've lost a 100 LBs.

Wow... It is extremely tough health issue to go through. So happy that you are recovering and able to get necessary medical help. Hang in there, Dear BonaFriend! Good thoughts and vibes to you.

I have a closest family member that has an incurable chronic disease and just been diagnosed with another, much worse one.  i am still in shock and in denial.