Topic: New Album Starting Soon

Joe posted on twitter this morning

All right folks it’s time for me to write a new album. I am signing off for awhile. Time to cleanse the social media soul and get back to music.

Always a good day with a new JB album in the works, even if it's a year or so out (no ETA was given, but that seems likely).

Re: New Album Starting Soon

I had read him mentioning wanting to record a trio in New York .Like in the subway if I recall Would love to see him make that change now after all the big ensembles.
  As much as I love everything he does I miss a kick **** power trio from him.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Power trio would be refreshing. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Jane H. wrote:

Very exciting...it doesn't matter to me that much who is in the band as long as the songs rock big_smile I mean I always want Joe to play what he wants big_smile
as long as it rocks...the hint of smaller band has promise big_smile
seriously...always waiting for the next one even though still getting know the last few!
I will miss him on the instagram though but i doubt he is gone for long.
I have always been so curious about his song writing journeys and processes. i have really liked a lot of the writing collaborations lately but I just can't help but wonder how it is in Joe's brain.

still looking foward to BCC V too big_smile I won't let that dream die although Glenn's got the Dead Daisies. I don't expect a tour but another album would be so cool.

As a side note that Dead Daisies album is pretty good. Kind of like a first cousin to BCC. Pretty hard rockin.

Your rock candy baby

I'm excited, and hope the trio news is accurate because I and several of us think Joe should return to a more stripped down sound like his first few amazing discs. You get an urgency and sense of immediacy ...Watch that Rockpalost video
if you doubt me !

Murfdog

Rockpalast still my Joe favourite for both energy and superb tone.:D

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

7 (edited by reo l 2021-03-15 20:56:26)

New album is completed!

joebonamassa

That’s a wrap. The New York record has been recorded. All that’s left is a few bits and a full orchestra. Thanks to @kevthecave @germanostudios @antonfigmusic @mackb15 @jstan91 for making this project so much fun under very unique circumstances.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdNq8AM00R/

reo l wrote:

New album is completed!

joebonamassa

That’s a wrap. The New York record has been recorded. All that’s left is a few bits and a full orchestra. Thanks to @kevthecave @germanostudios @antonfigmusic @mackb15 @jstan91 for making this project so much fun under very unique circumstances.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdNq8AM00R/

Wow, that's great news!  Looking forward to it.

That sounds like a Power Trio Record.
Btw... where is Michael Rhodes?

PSmith1946 wrote:

Rockpalast still my Joe favourite for both energy and superb tone.:D

Relistened to it yesterday - you are right, it is absolutely stand alone and unique. Also one of my top favorites. Still sad Joe decided to sell Goldie.

Kevin Shirley mentioned Joe new upcoming album several times on his instagram. Since he and Joe are like siamese twins creatively, what he says about this album is particularly intriguing and a huge tease!

"...The reason I’m so excited about this new Bonamassa album is that, for the first time, I’ve been able to finish it as I see fit. It’s been challenging - Joe has been in another hemisphere and he is also so engaged in a billion other things that he’s not always easy to track down - but I feel like I finally achieved my initial goal - I spent the time on this one and I’m happy and so excited about the new album. I’m gonna stop gushing and teasing now but just know there’s something special coming for your Christmas stockings!!! And this is one to own - the art is other worldly." https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJxbpmsKWa/

"...It’s is the best record I have ever made. Bar none!! And I’ve made a few.... just you wait... everything about it, EVERYTHING!!!!!  "   https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGs9RlM-gu/

Looking forward to any nee material from Joe.Of course this has me wondering  exactly what the new album is going to be all about.

Your rock candy baby