Topic: New Album Starting Soon

Joe posted on twitter this morning

All right folks it’s time for me to write a new album. I am signing off for awhile. Time to cleanse the social media soul and get back to music.

Always a good day with a new JB album in the works, even if it's a year or so out (no ETA was given, but that seems likely).

Re: New Album Starting Soon

I had read him mentioning wanting to record a trio in New York .Like in the subway if I recall Would love to see him make that change now after all the big ensembles.
  As much as I love everything he does I miss a kick **** power trio from him.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Power trio would be refreshing. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Very exciting...it doesn't matter to me that much who is in the band as long as the songs rock big_smile I mean I always want Joe to play what he wants big_smile
as long as it rocks...the hint of smaller band has promise big_smile
seriously...always waiting for the next one even though still getting know the last few!
I will miss him on the instagram though but i doubt he is gone for long.
I have always been so curious about his song writing journeys and processes. i have really liked a lot of the writing collaborations lately but I just can't help but wonder how it is in Joe's brain.

still looking foward to BCC V too big_smile I won't let that dream die although Glenn's got the Dead Daisies. I don't expect a tour but another album would be so cool.

Jane H. wrote:

Very exciting...it doesn't matter to me that much who is in the band as long as the songs rock big_smile I mean I always want Joe to play what he wants big_smile
as long as it rocks...the hint of smaller band has promise big_smile
seriously...always waiting for the next one even though still getting know the last few!
I will miss him on the instagram though but i doubt he is gone for long.
I have always been so curious about his song writing journeys and processes. i have really liked a lot of the writing collaborations lately but I just can't help but wonder how it is in Joe's brain.

still looking foward to BCC V too big_smile I won't let that dream die although Glenn's got the Dead Daisies. I don't expect a tour but another album would be so cool.

As a side note that Dead Daisies album is pretty good. Kind of like a first cousin to BCC. Pretty hard rockin.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Yeah I like them so far...got to get the cd!

Well Joe took a short break from song writing to do a funny and informative instagram post. Thanks Joe!

I'm excited, and hope the trio news is accurate because I and several of us think Joe should return to a more stripped down sound like his first few amazing discs. You get an urgency and sense of immediacy ...Watch that Rockpalost video
if you doubt me !

Murfdog

Rockpalast still my Joe favourite for both energy and superb tone.:D

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

9 (edited by reo l 2021-03-15 20:56:26)

New album is completed!

joebonamassa

That’s a wrap. The New York record has been recorded. All that’s left is a few bits and a full orchestra. Thanks to @kevthecave @germanostudios @antonfigmusic @mackb15 @jstan91 for making this project so much fun under very unique circumstances.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdNq8AM00R/

reo l wrote:

New album is completed!

joebonamassa

That’s a wrap. The New York record has been recorded. All that’s left is a few bits and a full orchestra. Thanks to @kevthecave @germanostudios @antonfigmusic @mackb15 @jstan91 for making this project so much fun under very unique circumstances.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdNq8AM00R/

Wow, that's great news!  Looking forward to it.

That sounds like a Power Trio Record.
Btw... where is Michael Rhodes?

Joe said in the comments of his instagram post that Michael is out for a medical procedure or something this month, and will be back when they reconvene. I am not sure if he will be doing the April 1 ACL livestream though

here's a funny post Joe made...JoBo's pro tips...but i think its a new song he is playing over...which sounds kinda heavy...cool
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMZ_-QRlkY … _copy_link