Re: A New Day Now

boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Re: A New Day Now

Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Nope. It was a Peloton commercial. There is a drug company commercial using "Feeling Good" also.

57 (edited by danielcoulson92 2020-12-09 05:48:46)

Re: A New Day Now

BarbieD wrote:

I received my CD a couple of weeks ago but only just yesterday had a chance to break into it. I LOVE IT! In all honesty, I didn't listen to the original that much - too much rasp for my taste. But this is perfect! Considering how great the whole CD is, the frosting on the cake for me is the three bonus tracks! OMG - Hey Mona, a little heavy, a little trippy; I Want You, Joe channeling his inner punk self; Line of Denial, a nice jamming tune. I could listen to just these three songs all day long!

Royal Tea started playing after A New Day Now and about half way through I had to switch back. It wasn't doing it for me - at all. But I'll give it a chance later, when I'm done with A New Day Now. Just not sure when that will be.

Yeah, this was definitely a good one. "Hey Mona" is going into the "on repeat" playlist for sure!

A loyal Joe Bonamassa fan from Texas and a professional writer at pro-essay-writer.com/blog/apa-style-format

Re: A New Day Now

boogie33 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Nope. It was a Peloton commercial. There is a drug company commercial using "Feeling Good" also.

It was a version of "feelin good" on the Pelaton commercial and the drug commercial.

59 (edited by Jane H. 2020-12-21 14:39:03)

Re: A New Day Now

LOL cool thanks for letting me know....it didn't TOTALLY drive me crazy because i was already there but i did twice watch many of their commercials on youtube trying to figure it out.
there was this TV show called Boston Public i think...was on around when i was first a Joe fan in 2003...and i recall seeing an episode where some of the characters were in a diner / soda shop or something after school and I remember i thought it was Joe's song No Slack on the jukebox on the show...this was before youtube etc if i recall correctly...but when ii think of it i spend ridiculous amounts of time seein what people posted on youtube in case i could find that episode to be sure of my memory. Then mad i spent so much time over something silly
Anyway thanks for telling us about it...and always interested in hearing any more of your Joe experiences or fave song/album etc.

Re: A New Day Now

boogie33 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Nope. It was a Peloton commercial. There is a drug company commercial using "Feeling Good" also.

  Also saw a new drug maker, Trelegy using "Feeling Good". And I was wrong when I said Peleton was using " a new day" when it was actually "Feeling Good". I have tickets to see Joe this fall In Ft. Wayne In. Crossing my fingers!!

Re: A New Day Now

i think i heard that commercial too. Actually i always scatched my head why Joe did that cover...i mean he does it well but he used to have a policy of only obscure covers and others released covers of it same year plus the scads of other recordings...blahblahblah and other reasons i wondered why now, back then.

not to go off topic too much but glad to hear about your tickets. Did that show recently go on sale or was it rescheduled?
i saw that a Baltimore venue Joe frequents is  bookin broadway shows for fall.
to bring it back to topic though, of course Ft. Wayne is a Joe historic town as it was where a New Day Yesterday Live was filmed big_smile

Re: A New Day Now

Jane H. wrote:

i think i heard that commercial too. Actually i always scatched my head why Joe did that cover...i mean he does it well but he used to have a policy of only obscure covers and others released covers of it same year plus the scads of other recordings...blahblahblah and other reasons i wondered why now, back then.

not to go off topic too much but glad to hear about your tickets. Did that show recently go on sale or was it rescheduled?
i saw that a Baltimore venue Joe frequents is  bookin broadway shows for fall.
to bring it back to topic though, of course Ft. Wayne is a Joe historic town as it was where a New Day Yesterday Live was filmed big_smile

He does have a great story behind Ft. Wayne. I have seen him 3 times there, and once in South Bend. A very long time local rock n roll DJ, Doc West, brought Joe into town before he was even 18. Funny thing happened. The venue he was schedule to play had a 18 yr old minimum age, so Joe couldn't get in. They moved the concert to the National Guard Armory. This one is a rescheduled event from last fall. He now plays at the famous 100+ yr old Embassy Theater.

Re: A New Day Now

Oh boy. It took me 6 months to pick this up. Crazy. I still haven’t actually listened to it, but I opened it up (I hate that top of CD security tape). I did read the booklet liner notes. It has me very interested. The vocals sure, but to relive all of the guitar parts and hear the new ones has me the most excited. I just love the older rock blues stuff. Tomorrow should be fun.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster